Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

6 minutes ago, David said:

Both great players, not sure why you can’t have your favourite whilst respecting the quality of the other. 

Ronaldo’s record in the Champions League is impressive despite the fake tan.

Yes but where would the fun be without the comparisons.

I do respect Ronaldo. It's a good job they're both around as they bring out the best of one another.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can have a debate about who's the better goal scorer - Ronaldo or Messi - because both have netted loads.

You can't have a debate about who's the better player though, as Messi is better at every other aspect in the game - dribbling, passing, vision, assists, teamwork, movement, ball control etc. etc.

At the same time, Harry Kane is currently a better goal scorer than Ronaldo. Is there anythng Ronaldo brings to the table that Harry Kane doesn't? I'm not so sure.

I honestly maintain this thought... If Messi and Ronaldo played in the same team, Ronaldo would probably score about 80 goals a season. He's a better finisher than Suarez, and Messi would give him at least three excellent chances to score per game.

49 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Watching the Chelsea v Hull City game, you just wonder what all the fuss about getting promoted to the Premiership is, I like our Rams winning a shed load of games in the Championship. C'mon the Tigers, give us some hope! Get into the spivs!

A successful season for about 11 teams is winning 12 games and having a goal difference better than -15.

That's what success looks like now!

43 minutes ago, Alpha said:

A successful season for about 11 teams is winning 12 games and having a goal difference better than -15.

That's what success looks like now!

And the moment you look like finally establishing yourself as a challenger for the European spots, such as Southampton, one of the big boys takes your manager away and half your squad.

That must be the killer. Falling in love with a squad of players only to see it ruthlessly picked apart.

Van Dijk, Lallana, Clyne, Mane and Lovren all went to the same team! Then add Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Luke Shaw, Calum Chambers...

Must suck. 

On 2/14/2018 at 21:30, Bris Vegas said:

Hand Real Madrid the CL title now. Officials are a disgrace yet again.

There was a clear foul on the PSG defender leading up to that goal that he never gave

Real are struggling even with dodgy officiating this year though. I think it's up for an English club to win. I think any of Spurs, City or Liverpool could win it.

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

And the moment you look like finally establishing yourself as a challenger for the European spots, such as Southampton, one of the big boys takes your manager away and half your squad.

That must be the killer. Falling in love with a squad of players only to see it ruthlessly picked apart.

Van Dijk, Lallana, Clyne, Mane and Lovren all went to the same team! Then add Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Luke Shaw, Calum Chambers...

Must suck. 

Alderweireld must have been the biggest kick in the balls… pre-arranged fee of just £8,000,000 that Atlético just decided to ignore!

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Alderweireld must have been the biggest kick in the balls… pre-arranged fee of just £8,000,000 that Atlético just decided to ignore!

Didn't they buy out the clause which allowed them to sell to Spurs?

39 minutes ago, David said:

Didn't they buy out the clause which allowed them to sell to Spurs?

So they did. My barber’s a Saints fan and told it differently. 

Still a kick in the balls though, whoever negotiated a cancellation fee for the clause is an idiot… 

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

So they did. My barber’s a Saints fan and told it differently. 

Still a kick in the balls though, whoever negotiated a cancellation fee for the clause is an idiot… 

Guess you take these risks by getting a try before you buy purchase. At that price you have to ask why they didn’t just buy him up front, with the money they’ve made from their parent club Liverpool, no reason why they couldn’t.

Same with Fulham and Martin. 

Archived