Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

10 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Unfortunately those highlighted and other pundits are the ones who’ll quite happy deride officials, VAR etc..... for wrong decisions, yet quite happily say someone is entitled to go down after being challenged etc.

Yet these are the ones who are respected etc rather than the officials. Everything these pundits say is taken as gospel, and you know if they challenged their opinion.... they’ll quite happily trot out the “I played professionally” line.....

Exactly. I’d be willing to bet my own money that they do not know the laws of the game. And it’s their job to know them. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Unfortunately those highlighted and other pundits are the ones who’ll quite happy deride officials, VAR etc..... for wrong decisions, yet quite happily say someone is entitled to go down after being challenged etc.

Yet these are the ones who are respected etc rather than the officials. Everything these pundits say is taken as gospel, and you know if they challenged their opinion.... they’ll quite happily trot out the “I played professionally” line.....

Yes, but for balance, BT sport does employ former refs to give their opinions too, and quite often they disagree with the in game ref, so it isn't just the pundits.

13 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Delph sent off for winning the ball, incredible.

It could easily have been interpreted as two-footed from certain angles and I suppose the ref's angle could have been one.

And winning the ball is neither here nor there if the challenge is careless, reckless or using excessive force. I can also see why the referee might have seen it as serious foul play.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It could easily have been interpreted as two-footed from certain angles and I suppose the ref's angle could have been one.

And winning the ball is neither here nor there if the challenge is careless, reckless or using excessive force. I can also see why the referee might have seen it as serious foul play.

A yellow may have been fair, like the ref was going to give originally anyway.

Archived