Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

Premier League relegation battle is pretty intense this year. West Brom are now 7 points adrift, I can't see them getting out.

Southampton look in real danger too. For some weird reason after today they only have 4 home games left, and 7 away. Of their home games they've still got to play Chelsea and Man City. They look far too good to go down, but they keep drawing games they should win. It could cost them in the end.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Premier League relegation battle is pretty intense this year. West Brom are now 7 points adrift, I can't see them getting out.

Southampton look in real danger too. For some weird reason after today they only have 4 home games left, and 7 away. Of their home games they've still got to play Chelsea and Man City. They look far too good to go down, but they keep drawing games they should win. It could cost them in the end.

It's insanely tight. Bournemouth are midtable and only 5 points above Southampton.

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

It's insanely tight. Bournemouth are midtable and only 5 points above Southampton.

Bournemouth top half and yes still could be in trouble. Makes for exciting finish, more so than winning the damn thing. 

12 hours ago, SKRam said:

Bournemouth top half and yes still could be in trouble. Makes for exciting finish, more so than winning the damn thing. 

If only City hadn’t improved so much this season’s title race could have been one of the most competitve ever.

There is very little to choose between United, Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Arsenal are now a clear 6th best, and they won’t win the Europa League what with Atletico Madrid in it and having very little else to play for.

Aside from West Brom I can’t pick a bottom 3. Huddersfield and Newcastle were in poor form before winning this weekend.

If Derby fail to go up this season, who are our best bets for going down? I’d imagine Saints would bounce back with ease as they’ve got some quality young players.

Newcastle with Benitez leaving could be a mess. Stoke could be too.

I’d imagine Wagner would stay at Huddersfield and they’d do a Burnley, take relegation on the chin and just use the money to go again.

I’d probably vote for WBA, Stoke and Newcastle. I can’t see any being as bad as Hull or Sunderland.

Good post Bris. Can’t disagree with much there. Someone will no doubt have a ridiculously good run when looking doomed. I can’t predict a three to go down, look at the improvement in the Swans with a manager cast off by Wednesday. Enjoy the surprises!  Out of your three I reckon Geordies will survive not just because of yesterday’s result. 

I am biased towards Man City due to family history so I’ll be a happy chappy when they win it. Still think Liverpool haven’t a great defence always susceptible but I’d group that pack as you’ve done. 

4 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

West Brom 11/1. Got to be worth a couple of quid.

It was and with the exception of Hazard I thought it looked like two even teams. Rondon misses a good chance and moments later Chelsea killed the game.

My tip for the bottom 3 would be Southampton, Newcastle and WBA.

My tip for the Champions League is Liverpool. I think with many top teams picking each other off, the competition will open itself up for a team to come from left field and win.

What is refreshing to see is that the standard of teams left in the Europa League this year is pretty high.

It’s wide open because you have to wonder how seriously many of the bigger teams will take it.

Napoli or Atletico would be red hot favourites in any other year but they will probably see it as an unwelcome distraction from the league and an unnecessary strain on their squads.

I could see Dortmund winning it personally as a tonic to Bayern’s dominance.

Real Madrid vs PSG is a real blockbuster.

But it's hard to watch Madrid play in the CL as the officials just constantly help them along. I thought the penalty was fair, but on at least three occasions PSG broke, got fouled and the referee played on.

Neymar commits one foul and is booked. The same for Lo Celso. 

You can understand favouritism in La Liga towards Madrid, but I don't get it in the CL. Happens every game.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Real Madrid vs PSG is a real blockbuster.

But it's hard to watch Madrid play in the CL as the officials just constantly help them along. I thought the penalty was fair, but on at least three occasions PSG broke, got fouled and the referee played on.

Neymar commits one foul and is booked. The same for Lo Celso. 

You can understand favouritism in La Liga towards Madrid, but I don't get it in the CL. Happens every game.

Kroos completely conned the ref. Players feel the slightest contact and go down. In a way you can't blame them, but it's infuriating to see imo.

Archived