Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Exactly, and I disagreed with that too! IT was the wrong decision! You can't punish someone for what they've done before, have to look at each decision objectively.

All I’m saying is, it already happens, the dangerous principle has already been set. 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

There is differences between making the most out of it and cheating like RamNut is insinuating. Alli went down under contact, therefore he didn't cheat. If that happened to a Derby player, we'd be screaming for a penalty. 

You might.

I'd be embarrassed

Just now, TigerTedd said:

There are many reasons why people might be screaming and feel embarrassed at the same time. 

Some folk have lost sight of what is a foul and what is play acting. 

Its spoiling the game.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Dangerous principle here. It's also completely silly. Because someone did something in the past, you automatically punish them forever in the future? Think we'd find the game much more bland if something like that happened. 

Clearly you're right, but it doesn't change my views that I would stand up to the divers this way. I don't care if it might havve been a penalty one time - it's karma. I wouldn't have to suggest it if the FA and FIFA did it properly and punished clear acts of cheating with, say, 10 game bans. If they did that players in the top flight would stop diving.

If we get promoted next season, the professional divers of the Premier League who have turned it into an art form will be doing all they can to win penalties from us every game. And when they're given Alan Shearer and Gary Lineker on MotD will say, "there was contact".

46 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Clearly you're right, but it doesn't change my views that I would stand up to the divers this way. I don't care if it might havve been a penalty one time - it's karma. I wouldn't have to suggest it if the FA and FIFA did it properly and punished clear acts of cheating with, say, 10 game bans. If they did that players in the top flight would stop diving.

If we get promoted next season, the professional divers of the Premier League who have turned it into an art form will be doing all they can to win penalties from us every game. And when they're given Alan Shearer and Gary Lineker on MotD will say, "there was contact".

But wouldn't you say at this point, cheating is part of the game? Most football fans are the same, hate it against you, love it for you. I don't think diving is such a huge problem. The current system seems fine to me, to be honest. I'd want Derby players to be able to do it like the top premier league pros, to be honest!

If that was a penalty yesterday we may as well remove all contact from football.

Yellow for a dive all day long, I’d make him train and play with the U18s until he can show signs of being ready for the men’s game.

Quickly becoming my least favourite England player. Put money on him getting sent off in Russia in an important game. 

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If we get promoted next season, the professional divers of the Premier League who have turned it into an art form will be doing all they can to win penalties from us every game. And when they're given Alan Shearer and Gary Lineker on MotD will say, "there was contact".

Unfortunately those highlighted and other pundits are the ones who’ll quite happy deride officials, VAR etc..... for wrong decisions, yet quite happily say someone is entitled to go down after being challenged etc.

Yet these are the ones who are respected etc rather than the officials. Everything these pundits say is taken as gospel, and you know if they challenged their opinion.... they’ll quite happily trot out the “I played professionally” line.....

12 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Unfortunately those highlighted and other pundits are the ones who’ll quite happy deride officials, VAR etc..... for wrong decisions, yet quite happily say someone is entitled to go down after being challenged etc.

Yet these are the ones who are respected etc rather than the officials. Everything these pundits say is taken as gospel, and you know if they challenged their opinion.... they’ll quite happily trot out the “I played professionally” line.....

Yeah, but they never referred professionally. So they really shouldn’t have a say on refereeing decisions. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

Yeah, but they never referred professionally. So they really shouldn’t have a say on refereeing decisions. 

Why I love to see more ex refs get on panels..... Out the lot of them, Mr Poll gets a load of stick, but he’s pretty good. Dermot Gallagher is too....,

36 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Why I love to see more ex refs get on panels..... Out the lot of them, Mr Poll gets a load of stick, but he’s pretty good. Dermot Gallagher is too....,

Jeff Winter was another that was good when on shows giving his analysis. 

Just now, rynny said:

Jeff Winter was another that was good when on shows giving his analysis. 

Mark Halsey pretty good on twitter too..... do hope the FA/PGMOL start trotting them out more often. 

4 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Mark Halsey pretty good on twitter too..... do hope the FA/PGMOL start trotting them out more often. 

Mark Halsey who made the worst decision there has ever been in football (quite a statement), awarding a penalty to Fulham against Arsenal but then changing his mind when the Arsenal players protested about it: https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/other-sport/2004/09/13/referee-swayed-by--arsenal-protests/

We're told there's no point everyone surrounding the referee to complain because he's not going to change his mind. Think again! Nothing could be more sure to encourage intimidation of match officials.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Mark Halsey who made the worst decision there has ever been in football (quite a statement), awarding a penalty to Fulham against Arsenal but then changing his mind when the Arsenal players protested about it: https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/other-sport/2004/09/13/referee-swayed-by--arsenal-protests/

We're told there's no point everyone surrounding the referee to complain because he's not going to change his mind. Think again! Nothing could be more sure to encourage intimidation of match officials.

Can that be as bad as Robbie Fowler telling the ref he lost his footing and not to award a penalty and the ref ignoring him?

Archived