MAN v FAT Football coming to Derby with DCFC

manvfat

Hello Rams - good to meet you - my name is Shan and I run MAN v FAT Football which as the name would suggest are football leagues for men who want to lose weight. Our leagues are exclusively for guys whose BMI is higher than 27.5. We play a 14 week league (the Derby one is being run in association with Derby County at Moorways stadium) and have teams of 10 who play a 30 minute game each week. The unique thing about the games are that players weigh in before and they earn goal bonuses for their individual and team weight loss. That's added to the pitch scores and that's how we decide our games. 

There's a quick video explainer here: 

I'm passionate about supporting men who want to lose weight because I've struggled with my own weight all my life. I know how miserable I've been at my fattest and there's naff all help out there for normal blokes who want to lose weight. So I started MAN v FAT in 2014 and now we support more than a million men per year on our site and forum (www.manvfat.com). 

The MAN v FAT Football leagues started in January 2016 and we now have more than 4,500 players who between them have lost nearly 50 tons. We're bringing the leagues to Derby in September. 95% of our players lose weight and I'd absolutely love to get the league full. 

I'm sure most of you reading this are chiselled Adonis types but just for fun have a look at the free BMI calculator here and post your BMI if you fancy it. I'm sticking around the thread to answer any questions you might have but between the video above and the one of our appearance on BBC Breakfast it should hopefully answer most things. All that's left is for you to sign up to the Derby league!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Got 26.42 BMI, (@ 14st 1lb) well chuffed with that because on the 1st of May I was 15st 10lb which would have been a 29.84 BMI.

I think you've got a great idea going and wish you continued success. :thumbsup:

Incredible, well done on the weight loss. How have you done it? 

33 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

How do the games work, is it purely against each other or is it against other groups??

The league will be 8 teams of 10 who play each other in a 14 week season. There are national tournaments too. Because of the FA endorsement we get to take 35 teams up to St George's Park twice a year! 

I work for the World's No.1 weight loss business and met with the Man V Fat guys a few months ago. Whilst we weren't in a position to form any kind of partnership at that time I would say that the plan absolutely works and if you're interested you should go along and sign up - the weight loss stories of current players is inspirational. And you get to enjoy that Pukka pie on match days even more!

Archived