Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 12:18, DEL said:

Same team again I think and also during the season we'll play 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 depending on who we're playing against.

Away win. Russell to score. 

Yeah thought so, wouldn't change the winning team tbf. 

People saying it's harsh to change the team... a profession football manager should be able to put the team he thinks is best suited to winning the game out every week, and as an experienced pro Russell should understand and accept any tactical decision. If Russell would upset the dressing room if dropped then he shouldn't be a player we want to have at all. 

And if Gary thinks we have a better chance of winning with Russell in I'd be concerned. 

Hes trained almost all week with them now, Lawrence will be as assimilated to the squad as he's going to be without him playing. He actually has to play to get used to the style. 

4 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

People saying it's harsh to change the team... a profession football manager should be able to put the team he thinks is best suited to winning the game out every week, and as an experienced pro Russell should understand and accept any tactical decision. If Russell would upset the dressing room if dropped then he shouldn't be a player we want to have at all. 

And if Gary thinks we have a better chance of winning with Russell in I'd be concerned. 

Hes trained almost all week with them now, Lawrence will be as assimilated to the squad as he's going to be without him playing. He actually has to play to get used to the style. 

I bet Rowett doesn't sleep at night with you hovering in the wings waiting to take over.

Lawrence won't be match fit, but the only way to get there is to play matches. I would have started him and take him off when he tires. It must be terrible for the likes of Bennett and Anya to watch Russell play so poorly, yet retain his place. It's not good for the team, the squad or even the player himself to keep picking him. Apart from that, happy enough with the team

8 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Or maybe thinks it will be good for the confidence of players?

Or maybe he thinks if players keep their shirt if they win then it will give them a boost?

Or maybe he has watched Lawrence this week and doesn't think he's ready to start?

Or maybe he thinks with the system he has chosen JR is better suited?

Smart decision by Rowett.

Keep a winning team while they are winning.

It also allows you to have players on the bench in Martin and Lawrence who will be motivated to impress and can change the game if we need them to.

If we are honest, it is likely to be a stay of execution for Russell, Weimann and Nugent.

But if we are winning football matches, why change it?

No surprise for me, although I would have preferred Forsyth at left back. Lawrence will come on at some point and he will do better than wieman or Russell or he won't and being a sub reduces the pressure on him as he is not match fit or may not fully understand how the manager wants to use him yet.

COYR

13 minutes ago, Doodle said:

It must be terrible for the likes of Bennett and Anya to watch Russell play so poorly, yet retain his place. It's not good for the team, the squad or even the player himself to keep picking him.

M. Bennett - a loan move could be a possibility, I. Anya - could be sold by the end of this month.

Archived