Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawrence will definitely start IMO. If, as Rowett says, it's 'horses for courses', then the choices will be Forsyth or Olssen, Russell or Weimann and Nugent or Martin. I reckon he will play any combination of those and keep the rest of the team the same. Those that don't start today will start Tuesday in 'Floodgate 2 - Return of The Rams' 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Rowett who likes Russell, started with him and then brought on Lawrence  some time second half or earlier if things are not going to plan. Lawrence hasn't had much game time so may not have the legs to last 90 minutes.

On 8/16/2017 at 08:06, EulogyForEvolution said:

Carson

Wisdom. Keogh Davies Forsyth    

Huddlestone Johnson 

Lawrence    Vydra      Wiemann

Martin

Mitchell, Baird, Pearce, Bryson, Russell, Bennett, Nugent

That, on paper, is a very good team

50 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Lawrence will definitely start IMO. If, as Rowett says, it's 'horses for courses', then the choices will be Forsyth or Olssen, Russell or Weimann and Nugent or Martin. I reckon he will play any combination of those and keep the rest of the team the same. Those that don't start today will start Tuesday in 'Floodgate 2 - Return of The Rams' 

If he starts Lawrence but then drops Weimann for Russell i might have a bit of a meltdown

1 hour ago, Fraser_23 said:

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies  Ollsson 

Huddlestone Johnson

Lawrence   Vydra  Weiiman

Nugent

Would play Forsyth and Martin to give us that extra bit of height I think we might need today....

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Amazes me how many people say start with Lawrence without ever seeing him play, knowing how he has been doing or training or how he fits in with our system!

Whatever happened to don't change a winning team?!

Agree re fitness but think we have all seen what he can do from his time at Ipswich....if he is fit he should play...

I'll say I will be surprised if Lawrence does start. Coming off the back of the win will make it easier not to throw straight in.

Expect him to come on around 65 minutes, same again v Grimsby and to start v Sheff Utd next week.

I get why people would want to see him start though, just can't see it.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agree re fitness but think we have all seen what he can do from his time at Ipswich....if he is fit he should play...

On YouTube?

We also saw what Blackman and Camara could do prior to joining us.

Just hope we don't heap too much pressure on the new saviour based on his highlights reel.

Just now, Parsnip said:

10 players pick themselves today really - just need to pick a striker. I'd go with fatty first.

One of these strikers needs to make a statement soon or I can see Mel bringing some bugger else in.

Bit harsh calling Nuge fatty! :whistle:

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Amazes me how many people say start with Lawrence without ever seeing him play, knowing how he has been doing or training or how he fits in with our system!

Whatever happened to don't change a winning team?!

It's harsh granted, but even when you win if there's a way to improve your team then you've got to take it. We don't know what Lawrence is all about granted so it's a risk, but he's our ince replacement and when ince was available he quite rightly played- if Lawrence is the quality replacement rowett claims then he should too (unless out of form of course). By all accounts Russell was a weak link on Tuesday anyway so can't really have any complaints imo, he had plenty of chances to showcase his ability and too often chose the wrong pass for my liking. Given him 20 mins at the end to try and force his way back in, it may motivate him more anyway.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

ust hope we don't heap too much pressure on the new saviour based on his highlights reel.

I think he relieved himself of a lot of pressure and expectation with that ridiculous half smile thing he presented us with at the press shoot.

Archived