Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

Mafiabob

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Wisdom is bloody brilliant. Nearly scored a brilliant solo goal.

I was mildly disappointed to see Christie replaced by Wisdom but imho wisdom is our best player so far this season. He's been brilliant.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ninos said:

I was mildly disappointed to see Christie replaced by Wisdom but imho wisdom is our best player so far this season. He's been brilliant.

That run then reminded me a lot of Christie, but a lot more direct. Didn't think Wisdom had that in him.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

That run then reminded me a lot of Christie, but a lot more direct. Didn't think Wisdom had that in him.

Rather than footwork, for Wisdom its all about getting his body between the defender and the ball on the run. They aren't going to be able to lean him off the ball, means he has to run far more directly. I wish he'd scored, but we'd be 3-0 off if he'd layed it off, not that he didn't have the right to shoot. 

This game comes at the right time for us.  Squeezed out a win against a mediocre Preston side at home and now dominating a poor Bolton side away from home.  The team gains confidence and settles in the system ready to take on stiffer competition as it comes.  All good, not nervous at all, this is not the Derby of old, Gary is building a cohesive unit

3 minutes ago, Foxes Fan said:

Bet he was smiling while scoring both, great to hear!

When Martin came back from loan most of us assumed that Martin would be our first choice striker and Nugent and Bent would be backup, but it's looking like he's nailed down that spot for himself. He's starting to form a really good partnership with Vydra and the wide men .... and we've still got Lawrence to come in!

1 minute ago, Richard246 said:

nugent v martin no contest works his socks off and links up

rest my case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Exactly, this is why I don't understand the whole ''pick one or the other'' threads we've seen pop up. All are top strikers in this division with different skill sets, we can make use of all of them when we require a different attribute in a different game. 

See my post here as a response to that, clearly you could do with some perspective.

Archived