Giant Scoreboard

1of4

Is my eyesight getting worse or is the time displayed on the screen during the game harder to read this season. The halftime scores are also harder to read. Is this because what we see on the screen is feed from the Rams TV output. Also if they are going to keep putting Colin Gibson up on the screen at halftime can the tannoy system be improved so that what he is saying is a bit more audible.

After the game I used stop in the concourse and watch the final scores from the other matches played that day but now because of the Rams TV feed to the screens in the concourse all I see now are adverts. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Is my eyesight getting worse or is the time displayed on the screen during the game harder to read this season. The halftime scores are also harder to read. Is this because what we see on the screen is feed from the Rams TV output. Also if they are going to keep putting Colin Gibson up on the screen at halftime can the tannoy system be improved so that what he is saying is a bit more audible.

After the game I used stop in the concourse and watch the final scores from the other matches played that day but now because of the Rams TV feed to the screens in the concourse all I see now are adverts. 

It's very difficult to read now. But as far as the tannoy goes, I'd prefer not to see or hear Colin Gibson

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

It's very difficult to read now. But as far as the tannoy goes, I'd prefer not to see or hear Colin Gibson

I'd also rather not see him gurning on the screen but if I have to I'd like to hear what he and those with him are saying.

17 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Getting old?

19 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I'm sure mel spent a fortune renewing the sound system, but its awful.

I may be wrong with this but there were new banks of speakers up today which I didn't notice on Saturday and they didn't appear to all be in use judging by the covers over parts of them. Perhaps they're still finishing them off and it'll get better  

There are also new cameras all round the ground hanging down from the roof - whether they're for police monitoring or something to do with player/match analysis I don't know. More likely the former I would guess. 

From where I sit there's  no clock visible, so frustrating. I Don't understand why they have to show the game live on the big screen ? Just show a clock and the score, I'm watching the bloody game on the pitch I don't need it on the screen as well. 

Them big speakers were there last season. I noticed that you can hear them quite clearly when I emerged from the concourse after my half time pee, but further up not so great.  They look like they should be the bogs nuts too.

Agree with the OP and most of the following posts. The Ram TV at half-time is really irritating, awkrad and unnecessary- don't want to hear the club trying to polish a turd of a performance.

All i want to hear is the half-time results and then be able to chat to my Dad in peace - on Saturday they did not read or show the Premier League scores and as you say the Championships scores on Ram TV were impossible to read.   

Must say I preferred it before kick-off last night when they managed to chop the top of Gibson's head off....

One slight improvement with having the time displayed on the rams TV screen is that it shows added on time, which the old clock never did (though it's so small that it's a bugger to read). Also, why have they changed the South Stand clock to counting up? Used to count down which I quite liked - though it was never in sync with the main clock so probably fairly pointless....

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

From where I sit there's  no clock visible, so frustrating. I Don't understand why they have to show the game live on the big screen ? Just show a clock and the score, I'm watching the bloody game on the pitch I don't need it on the screen as well. 

I sit in the South Stand behind the Goal. The Screen is brilliant when the balls up the other end as I literally can't see the ball at times.

It also helps when people shout "Shoot" as where we're standing it looks like he's on the edge of the box. When you look at the Screen he's just past the half way line.. So the Screen is very useful.

I do agree with the Score though a few around us mentioned it. Then again it took a lot of the screen up and reduced the size of the Picture. So either way they can't win.

Agree, score needs to be bigger, as do half time results, and show not just championship ones.

Electronic boards were fine, they will bring more revenue, although wasn't keen when they said BOUNCE!! Hopefully we don't go down the Hull route of putting song lyrics on there.

The volume of the PA pre-match was insane. Peopel were trying to get songs going 10 rows behind me and the music completely drowned them out. Dial it down a little.

Archived