Giant Scoreboard

1of4

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

From where I sit there's  no clock visible, so frustrating. I Don't understand why they have to show the game live on the big screen ? Just show a clock and the score, I'm watching the bloody game on the pitch I don't need it on the screen as well. 

The replays are good.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Agree, score needs to be bigger, as do half time results, and show not just championship ones.

Electronic boards were fine, they will bring more revenue, although wasn't keen when they said BOUNCE!! Hopefully we don't go down the Hull route of putting song lyrics on there.

The volume of the PA pre-match was insane. Peopel were trying to get songs going 10 rows behind me and the music completely drowned them out. Dial it down a little.

Really.. didn't see the Bounce on the Boards.. We'll get the piss taken out of us if that's true. Rightly so as well!

These are easy fixes so they won't occur for ages. The size of the text for the scores needs to increase and be more bold. They need to adjust the lighting in the 'studio' and use a different set of mic's for the stadium. Is it just the North stand where the concourse screens are off/not working? Basic stuff that is easy to rectify. 

Can only see left hand side of screen from upper North Stand. Can't read teams any more now that they're being shown in formation rather than a simple list. Can't read half times either. Can't get Wifi or a signal to check these on my phone either.

No concourse screens on as stated above.

Speakers are way too loud up there and the sound is unclear. The music changes this season are awful. I go to most away matches where they play familiar tunes that the crowd join in with - including us away fans. What have we got? Some distorted techno rubbish! All it does is drown out the chants from the South Stand.

I'm not too worried about hearing stuff clearly on there to be honest as I find our pre-match and half time offer uninspiring and repetitive.  We don't have any fan challenges that the crowd can get involved with. I remember those big puppets we had one game - they were hilarious and a bit more of that would be appreciated.

I think our Rams TV offer for people who can't attend games is great but the offer at the ground is pretty rubbish, really. Good job the football makes up for it! :D

How did we cope at the Baseball ground before electronic score boards?

Do you really need to see exactly how long we have been playing or need the score up on a board?

Go to the game, watch the match, take notice when either team scores a goal and when the ref blows the final whistle you know the game is over.

There are also 2 clocks, one in the west stand and one in the east for those that need to see the time. 

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

How did we cope at the Baseball ground before electronic score boards?

Do you really need to see exactly how long we have been playing or need the score up on a board?

Go to the game, watch the match, take notice when either team scores a goal and when the ref blows the final whistle you know the game is over.

There are also 2 clocks, one in the west stand and one in the east for those that need to see the time. 

And no-one in the stadium can at any time be more than 2 feet from a watch or phone with the time on it.

Just now, needles said:

And no-one in the stadium can at any time be more than 2 feet from a watch or phone with the time on it.

And most of them have bad memories because they have to look at them every 2 minutes to remind them what the time is.

On Saturday the live footage on the screen appeared to show at the end of the game how much added time was left as is shown during televised matches. I thought this usually doesn't get shown in stadiums lest the baying mob of fans get upset if the ref allows more added time and can't recall seeing it at other grounds.

Looks like another problem with showing a live feed in the stadium meant for fans at home. Not that I could see what the time left actually was. Will take a pair of binoculars in future.

On 16/08/2017 at 00:26, ilkleyram said:

There are also new cameras all round the ground hanging down from the roof - whether they're for police monitoring or something to do with player/match analysis I don't know. More likely the former I would guess. 

They are for the new goaline technology system that is operating partially in the champs. 3 teams don't have it. 

20 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

The volume of the PA pre-match was insane. People were trying to get songs going 10 rows behind me and the music completely drowned them out. Dial it down a little.

I agree. I've felt for years that pre match loud tannoy music destroys atmosphere getting going. Wish the club would get rid of it altogether. If you want to listen to pop or rock music you can buy an iPod from a shop. 

Archived