When is a shirt, not a shirt?

TroyDyer

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And other such meaningless aphorisms painted on the dressing room walls! Lots of emphasis on hard work, none of that magic nonsense wanted here!

Oh and a new wall so they can all sit close to the manager and not avoid his steely glare!

What a waste of time.

I've always thought with such things, once you've seen them once or twice they no longer have any impact. 

Video screens would be better, at least you can change the message every time.

"I'm going to carpet the lot of you".

That's my favourite.

I've very little faith in such things.

Unless it's something very personal to you in particular OR it's something with a heavy weight of tradition they tend to be a bit contrived and meaningless IMO.

Looks very over done and trying to hard to me.

I recall that one of the first things Nigel Clough did was take down a bunch of motivational posters Jewell had put up because he asked the players if they helped and they said "na mate"

It's just another version of the Derby pie. And the players are the fruit.

If anyone thinks that's what helps motivates a player to earn £10k+ per week, then they're sadly mistaken. 

There's similar framed pictures where I work with slogans such as 'innovate' and 'inspire' written against beautiful scenery. They're as laughable as the twonk who put them up.

2 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

It's just another version of the Derby pie. And the players are the fruit.

If anyone thinks that's what helps motivates a player to earn £10k+ per week, then they're sadly mistaken. 

There's similar framed pictures where I work with slogans such as 'innovate' and 'inspire' written against beautiful scenery. They're as laughable as the twonk who put them up.

Well aren't we on a level playing field then? Or is it just Derby players that don't care about the club?

Archived