Why only 27,000 today

kyle mccabe

We're boring to watch. There's no atmosphere. 

It's not fun is it? You've worked all week, time is precious... do you really want to spend a Saturday in traffic, in a que, in a silent stadium watching a ball slowly travel between defenders before being unimaginatively kicked to the other team. 

Some do because they live in hope. 

Some find other stuff to do with their time. Cheaper stuff that's fun.

Derby have been boring for a while now. Started with Clement. 

How often do you enjoy the game. The atmosphere seems negative.

It's just a chore. 

I can do without it now. Even if we had won 1-0 today I can do without it. It's slow and boring. Can't wash away a week grind at Pride Park. Sat morbidly in a uncomfortable yet expensive chair watching people you feel no connection with.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Then why buy a season ticket?

Entertainment is not guaranteed in the small print.

I don't buy a season ticket... They are all counted anyway but you need to floaters to get the big crowds. They won't come unless there is something (potentially) to see.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Then why buy a season ticket?

Entertainment is not guaranteed in the small print.

I'd prefer if we at least tried to entertain. 4-4 draws with Huddersfield or chucking a 3-0 lead at Rotherham were immensely frustrating, but I never complained because we were still trying to play expansive, attacking football. What's the current game plan? Bore the opposition to sleep? Lull them into a false sense of security by playing absolutely s**** for 88 minutes before launching some hopeful balls into the box like Rowett's much admired Brum side did to us?

36 minutes ago, kyle mccabe said:

Only 27,000 today in which 3000 must of been wolves. So low for first game of the season

Erm it's in August and it's also summer half term for kids, bet you didn't think that one ? 

33 minutes ago, ashram said:

It's typical for this time of year. Many people away on their summer holidays.

This... 

13 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Or the absolute pillock who was sat behind me who shouted "run wisdom you fat c*** " disgraceful . I was sat with my 4 year old too ao just gave him a death stare. 

Prepare for more for rest of the season. You should slap that pillock though lol.  :lol::ermm:

Sunderland away some of the fans gave the players some abuses why???? 

4 minutes ago, DEL said:

Erm it's in August and it's also summer half term for kids, bet you didn't think that one ? 

This... 

Prepare for more for rest of the season. You should slap that pillock though lol.  :lol::ermm:

Sunderland away some of the fans gave the players some abuses why???? 

I felt like it del trust me.It's 

8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I don't buy a season ticket... They are all counted anyway but you need to floaters to get the big crowds. They won't come unless there is something (potentially) to see.

Wasn't aimed at you specifically to be fair.

I will be honest, I could not care less if we got back down to the 23 or 24 thousand that actually supported the team before we  got to Wembley. 

I am really peed off with what I saw today but for heaven's sake, it was the secondition game of the season.

I would love for someone to  produce a graph of where DCFC have finished in the football league over the years, just to give us some perspective because the way fans act st the moment makes me think we are performing way below what we should expect.

14 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'd prefer if we at least tried to entertain. 4-4 draws with Huddersfield or chucking a 3-0 lead at Rotherham were immensely frustrating, but I never complained because we were still trying to play expansive, attacking football. What's the current game plan? Bore the opposition to sleep? Lull them into a false sense of security by playing absolutely s**** for 88 minutes before launching some hopeful balls into the box like Rowett's much admired Brum side did to us?

Check the reactions on the match threads...

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wasn't aimed at you specifically to be fair.

I will be honest, I could not care less if we got back down to the 23 or 24 thousand that actually supported the team before we  got to Wembley. 

I am really peed off with what I saw today but for heaven's sake, it was the secondition game of the season.

I would love for someone to  produce a graph of where DCFC have finished in the football league over the years, just to give us some perspective because the way fans act st the moment makes me think we are performing way below what we should expect.

I was talking generally about how attendances will diminish if the football is poor. Some missed that point eh Deano  

Good post as always Alpha. I agree with the smaller attendances but Morris won't want that. He can't afford for that to happen. Rush told me once that one of the main reasons Clough went was down to dwindling attendances. 

53 minutes ago, deano180 said:

And this negativity is caused by fickle fans

Disagree. It's the performances from the team. I know folk who've had STs for decades not renew this season. They're not half fans or whatever; just fed up.

No matter how it's spun, with regards to divisional standing, we are currently in one of the most under performing, if not the most under performing periods in our history. 

And conversely, with maybe the most generous riches at our disposal. 

It might come good but not with Gary and these players.

16 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I was talking generally about how attendances will diminish if the football is poor. Some missed that point eh Deano  

Good post as always Alpha. I agree with the smaller attendances but Morris won't want that. He can't afford for that to happen. Rush told me once that one of the main reasons Clough went was down to dwindling attendances. 

@G STAR RAM

apologies GStar, I typed Alpha instread oc you... 

I can understand why people don't go. Yh go to football matches to be entertained, if you're not entertained, what's the point of going? It's a waste of time if you're not enjoying it, we are in the entertainment business now. We've also sold two of our best players in Ince and Hughes, many fans will be wondering what direct we are heading in. Is Mel selling off assets to gain as much as possible before wanting to sell the club? I don't know know but many fans are thinking this. There was a feel good factor a few years ago but we are going backwards now.

Having to travel to derby a typical game costs us over £100 all in. If we are doing well and there's a feel good factor we tend to do it more, if we aren't doing well we tend to spend the money on other things. I'm no half fan, I was a season ticket holder for 10 years but for fans like me who have to travel an 2 hours there and back there's just no incentive at the minute to go!  

This is my 59th season watching the Rams ,they still make my weekend with a win and piss me of with a loss .Yesterday was a labour of love I was absolutely bored stiff watching that dross .

I don't mind losing as much if we give it a go, but that was devoid of desire ,passion as well as basic ability. I'm 64 and I swear blind I'm more mobile than that frigging midfield .

At the start of any season hope springs eternal but the club has lost it's way and you can call people fickle for wanting to watch a team that at least tries and I didn't see that today. 

The holidays may have a little to do with it but for me the supporter does want entertainment. Unfortunately the two players we had who could do something different have been sold. They've not been replaced so we are left with a team of workman like players, who when up against technical players ( like wolves ) look clueless. 

I like everyone had hope at the start of the season but seeing us dismantled so easily against a side who haven't been long put together will only mean the attendances go from 27k to even lower. 

Archived