Why only 27,000 today

kyle mccabe

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

I remember when McLaren came back and the fans we're flooding back in. 

Unfortunately we're back to doom and gloom. Not much to shout about etc. Same s**** different Season. I believe Rowett is the man to get us places but will take a few Seasons.

Get us places?  Bury?  Gillingham?  (only joking really - but Saturday was truly dreadful)

27,000, to be fair, sounded like 27! 

Won"t repeat the sentiments already expressed - needless to say we were not at our best on Saturday.  

But bemoaning 27,000 - I stood on the popside with 7,500 others in the BBG watching us labour against Cambridge Utd.  I recall a 16.000 attendance (v Lincoln) getting a mention in the Sunday papers!

But I'm showing my age. Each year there will be fewer of us who go to watch The Rams because it is what we do. We go in the hope, not expectation, that we will be entertained.  We go in the hope we will win, but fear that we won't. We don't choose between watching The Rams or doing something else "to be entertained " - we go as we are a part of the club, we go to support the boys, we are part of the whole

Our only firm expectation is effort, 110% effort. Leave nothing behind. Give your all and then some. Then we will applaud whatever the result. And we will come back.

But that bond between supporters and players is breaking down.  If we believe they don't care, don't give all they have, then we will not be amused. But yoinger fans, with a diet of X Factor / immediate gratification won't show patience and you can expect anger and then apathy after a few poor performances.

I m rambling now - my point is 27k is not bad, and will get a lot worse unless their is a massive injection of heart tomorrow night.

Archived