Why only 27,000 today

kyle mccabe

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WharfedaleRam said:

My first game will be Bolton next week. From the comments from people on here, I'm depressed before I've seen a ball kicked! 

Don't worry, you'll get to see plenty of balls kicked - about 20-50 yards to their keeper or kicked out of touch - so don't be too depressed. 

13 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Rubbish

Didn't Mel himself say that he wanted to get promoted the right way? Playing expansive entertaining football?

So you expect the average fan to pay to suffer rather than pay to be entertained? I would have stared at my phone all game if I had a signal, it was an absolute waste of everyone's time watching Derby yesterday.

Rubbish 

if you think that buying a ticket gets you amazing entertainment every game then you are the one spouting rubbish. Go watch those fabulous media darlings Chelsea .....  oh wait.... 

9 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I'm sure this has already been said but... only 27,000?  Not bad is it really?  I think attendances were bound to drop after so ,any Championship years and a poor season last year, but I don't think we need to beat ourselves up, or read too much into, an attendance of 27,000+.

Leeds v Preston - 32,880
Derby v Wolves - 27,757
Boro v Sheff Utd - 26,876
Sheff Wed v QPR - 25,537
Cardiff v Villa - 23,899
Birmingham v Bristol City - 21,269
Reading v Fulham - 17,398
Hull v Burton - 14,882
Millwall v Bolton - 12,238
Barnsley v Ipswich - 12,009
Brentford v Forest - 10,169

16 minutes ago, cymru said:

i can see this getting less and less every week now the way we are playing thanks Mel

Yep. Mel was definitely the worst player on the pitch, picked the wrong squad and, whilst we're at it, responsible for there not being any season long parking tickets left at Toys R us. Things were so much better before he arrived. 

8 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Its always same in August loads on holiday Don't expect many from Preston poor buggers where charged £44 by rip off Leeds on Saturday 

That's shocking, my mate who is a sheff united fan says sheff Wednesday are Charging them £50 basically for their local Derby which is on sky TV - some owners are putting a huge cost on supporters which highlights how fortunate we are here at Derby

30 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Its always same in August loads on holiday Don't expect many from Preston  poor buggers where charged £44 by rip off Leeds on Saturday 

Yet they still went...... wouldn't call them poor buggers..... they paid it, Leeds will continue to charge it if they go. 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Yet they still went...... wouldn't call them poor buggers..... they paid it, Leeds will continue to charge it if they go. 

On the plus side, they were getting out of Preston for the day.

38 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You'll see a ball kicked, it just won't be with any direction or purpose and end up with the opposition goalie 

I'm refusing to be negative until after I've seen it for myself. After all, Bolton away on Saturday cannot be as bad as the first game of the season two years ago.............. or can it?!

2 hours ago, WharfedaleRam said:

My first game will be Bolton next week. From the comments from people on here, I'm depressed before I've seen a ball kicked! 

Don't be depressed, you'll enjoy it next weekend mate. ?

4 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

I'll sing on my own, I'll sing on my owwwwwnnnnn

I may be stupid, I'll sing on my own!

I'll join you with that song lol. 

There was a lad who stood half way down the south stand yesterday after the final whistle trying to get Carson's attention by screaming and shouting at him, calling him s**** and a f-ing w**ker over and over again. 

How do reactions like this help anybody. Hopefully people like this start to stay away from the ground, the atmosphere has become quite toxic over the last year or so - genuinely quite embarrassing at times. People are fine to voice their displeasure at a poor performance by having a groan or whatever, but screaming and swearing at our own players, especially Carson who wasn't really to blame at all is pathetic

Archived