Grimsby Town v Derby County - Match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

That's exactly what he's done.

If our fringe can't see off Grimsby, then they've no one to blame but themselves for limited opportunities in the future.

The Cleethorpes Beach patrol were no mugs bitd but i'd still back the old Fringe lads to see em off...

How much notice will they have to give before the rearranged match?

Surely the only day it could be played is tomorrow or else we would have to play very soon before/after a league game so would be a disadvantage to both Grimsby and Derby in their league matches.

3 hours ago, londonbridgeram said:

I remember a couple of games abandoned in the 1st half. Once at Newport (must have been Div 3 game), New Year's Day, sometime in the 80s. I think they were 1-0 up at the time. And then the Gillingham FA Cup game - frozen pitch. I know the Gillingham game was replayed because I was at both. And as far as I know the Newport one was too.

I was at both. The Newport one was New Years day and lasted 41 minutes . It was replayed sometime in March on a tuesday night, can’t remeber the score but I got jumped and had a proper kicking on my way back the car afterwards, happy days.

On 8/7/2017 at 13:22, Tombo said:

It's no coincidence that football fans have become more and more obsessed with pace at the same time that every Fifa game in the last 3 years has become more and more about getting the fastest players and skipping challenges. 

Speed of thought just as important as speed of foot.Sheringham,Martin,O'hare,Alan Gilzean ,just to name a few.If you want a slow midfielder,but full of craft,look no further than Pat Crerand.

What a list that is Ramblur!

And you are right about the importance of speed of thought. Martin got lots of stick for his miss last Friday but it was his speed of thought that got him into the postion to receive the pass and that has been largely ignored on here , though not by the Sky commentators

26 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

What a list that is Ramblur!

And you are right about the importance of speed of thought. Martin got lots of stick for his miss last Friday but it was his speed of thought that got him into the postion to receive the pass and that has been largely ignored on here , though not by the Sky commentators

Speed thinker
Martin's on another stinker
Speed thinker
Said to be a heavy drinker
Speed thinker
Cannot head it he's a blinker
Speed thinker
Hates when coaches tinker
Speed thinker
He's the hoof line and sinker
Speed thinker
Wears panties that are pinker