Grimsby Town v Derby County - Match day thread

Kernow

A Carling Coca-Cola Worthington Capital One Carabao League Cup tie against Cleethorpes Town who call themselves Grimsby.

Tuesday night at 7.45pm. Probably see a bit of a rotated squad, hopefully progress without too many problems.

A game close enough to convince David to leave him armchair - which is probably made by Apple - isn't that nice?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kernow said:

A game close enough to convince David to leave him armchair - which is probably made by Apple - isn't that nice?

Pipe down 12 fingers, yes I will be there of course after a minor ticket dispute with Scott has been sorted. 

Further up the alphabet you go the less of the pitch you see due to an incompetent architect that put the roof on at a ridiculous angle to allow the seagull s**** to run off.

As the fresh cod aroma circles Blundell Park I shall be watching a changed team that sees Vydra, Anya, Bennett and Nugent start.

I'm yet to be surprised by a starting 11 this season, I don't expect that to change Tuesday.

Not seen Grimsby play for a while, not since they were promoted so no idea how they are playing.

Shouldn't really matter though we have enough to keep them quiet if the players turn up.

Cup games are usually scrappy affairs this early on, Bennett will need to take this opportunity to show Rowett he could be the attacking option he needs. 

With Nugent up top he will have the best possible chance as you know he will work his nuts off alongside him.

Prediction 0-2, Nugent with them both. On we go.

This will be an interesting game between the Grimsby boys, who make all the noise, vs Derby County. This will be a very difficult game but in different ways to the Sunderland game. Grimsby are a proper honest working class club. Their fans love fish and chips and appreciate hard graft, passion and determination. They will be desperate to win because their players will go down in their club's history if they get a win against the mighty Rams. If we don't give 100% then we will lose because these will be up for it.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

This will be an interesting game between the Grimsby boys, who make all the noise, vs Derby County. This will be a very difficult game but in different ways to the Sunderland game. Grimsby are a proper honest working class club. Their fans love fish and chips and appreciate hard graft, passion and determination. They will be desperate to win because their players will go down in their club's history if they get a win against the mighty Rams. If we don't give 100% then we will lose because these will be up for it.

It's only the Carabao Cup mate

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

This will be a very difficult game but in different ways to the Sunderland game. Grimsby are a proper honest working class club. Their fans love fish and chips and appreciate hard graft, passion and determination. They will be desperate to win because their players will go down in their club's history if they get a win against the mighty Rams. If we don't give 100% then we will lose because these will be up for it.

Who doesn't love fish and chips?

I also think you over estimate the importance of this game to them unless your tongue is in cheek or you've been drinking early.

Just now, David said:

Who doesn't love fish and chips?

I also think you over estimate the importance of this game to them unless your tongue is in cheek or you've been drinking early.

Yes but your fish and chips is a lot nicer and fresher, that's a very important factor. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Further up the alphabet you go the less of the pitch you see due to an incompetent architect that put the roof on at a ridiculous angle to allow the seagull s**** to run off.

Thanks for that bit of information. Don't know how many rows there are, sat in row J. Good or bad view? Guessing my luck, bad

3 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Thanks for that bit of information. Don't know how many rows there are, sat in row J. Good or bad view? Guessing my luck, bad

You'll be fine there, we're on L. First lot of tickets were on row R.

This is the back row 

IMG_0444.PNG

I'm expecting something like:

Mitchell

Wisdom     Keogh     Pearce     Olsson

Bryson        Baird

Bennett     Vydra       Anya

Nugent

Davies will be rested and I doubt Fozzy should be asked to play two in a week at the moment. We know what Carson can do, but Mitchell's been given a new four-year contract and in the event of Carson doing his back or some such, we need Mitchell to have a bit more experience. I think Wisdom needs games and will improve the more he plays, Captain Fantastic always plays.

Bench probably something like: Roos  Hanson  Butterfield  Johnson  Russell   Weimann  Martin

Almost certainly no room for the likes of Elsnik, Rawson, Zanzala, MacDonald to show what they can do.

17 hours ago, David said:

Didn't know they had Brighton loanees.Jeez,no wonder they went up last year.I've heard of players running through brick walls,but that's something else.

16 minutes ago, kyle mccabe said:

I really think it's worth giving these guys a shot on Tuesday. Ended last season great and feel they have been hard done by with Martin's return

hard done to by the return of the Championships leading scorer over the past three seasons? Right you are.

Martin & Vydra for me.

Archived