Grimsby Town v Derby County - Match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Igorwasking said:

But it has been heavy rain there all day. It was ok to kick off at 7.45 but by 8.00 it was unsafe? Do me a favour! They don't just judge it on the pitch at the time - they have to take forecasts into consideration.

What a load of tosh. Every effort to play the game was made. Who knows what the weather would do. You show me one game of football called off based on a forecast?

1 minute ago, Rampant said:

Hopefully Grimsby will allow us to walk the ball into the net at the start of the rearranged match. It's been done many times before and shouldn't matter that they are the underdogs.

I'd be amazed if they did and I don't recall it happening before. 

8 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

That is poor. Those poor fans that travelled - referee should hang his head - the forecast was full of rain for Grimsby - he should have called it much earlier. Glad I only paid £45 to listen to it on audio commentary!

Ha ha poor you. I was listening free on 5 live extra

That's a joke, pitch doesn't even look bad, I'd be angry if I travelled luckily im a half fan this season :ph34r:

Edit: Ok it's just been on sky and looks a bit worse than the videos, still bring back the days of playing in mud.

Fingers crossed that all the players of both clubs survive this and come out stronger. 

I encountered some wet weather last week when I was taking the bins out. My SAS training kicked in and I avoided taking too much damage. 

Sith Happens
Just now, rustylee said:

my guess is replay will be in a fortnight when the second round ties are being played.

Hope so. 

Archived