Derby County are working incredibly hard to bring in new faces

Inglorius

I thought that most transfer offers were done via a fax machine or nowadays electronically via email? Do Derby have an incredibly old fax machine which makes the submitting of any bids extremely torturous hence Gary Rowetts comments or am I missing the point? 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

So does Derby employ an arthritic typist to submit transfer bids? An army of one fingered monkeys perhaps? Am struggling to comprehend what is incredibly difficult as Rowett states about the whole process.

There's no such thing as typists either. It's all done on siri and facebook messenger.

8 hours ago, Parsnip said:

There's no such thing as typists either. It's all done on siri and facebook messenger.

"Siri, find me an Ince replacement"

"Your best bet is Tom Lawrence, who is valued at £8,000,000

"Thank you Siri. Okay, we'll follow him on instagram and send him a snap of our training facilities and see if he's interested"

I have it on good authority that this is how transfer business is conducted in 2017.

6 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

Why does everyone assume it is the Derby end that are dragging their feet? There are 3 parties involved in getting the deals over the line.

Stop being sensible, Squirrel! 

Getting in the way of a good old moan here.

9 hours ago, Inglorius said:

I thought that most transfer offers were done via a fax machine or nowadays electronically via email? Do Derby have an incredibly old fax machine which makes the submitting of any bids extremely torturous hence Gary Rowetts comments or am I missing the point? 

'working incredibly hard' - So obviously they hand deliver everything - Rowett takes training and then sets off at a brisk jog south - transfer offer in hand

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

I think it's like the dreaded chain when you are buying a house 

It is. We want player A, club with player A will sell however needs a replacement, therefore until they have that lined up deal in limbo...rinse and repeat.

12 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

'working incredibly hard' - So obviously they hand deliver everything - Rowett takes training and then sets off at a brisk jog south - transfer offer in hand

The brisk jog would be to try and catch the blue bar to attach the offer to its leg.

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Don't let Mr Redknapp hear you saying that. He will be all over the place when his fax machine breaks down at 11.59 on transfer deadline day when he finally shows up to the office and tries to sign some 'triffic lads.

Top top top players he's after 

Archived