The 2017/18 Academy Thread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Henry Wise, son of Dennis, also on the bench... I think he's the little baby that Dennis held when lifting the FA Cup with Chelsea! :lol:

Anyone can lift up a little baby. Here's Rams U18 keeper Joe Fryatt carrying @BurtonRam7 which is far more impressive. Rams dominating but Fryatt just made a great save, nicking the ball away in a one-on-one on a rare Norwich breakaway.

5a591800d1bb6_BurtonRamcarriedbyRamsU18keeper.jpg.b328cb35b1d9e8ee255063e1f0455cf8.jpg

Rams skipper Max Bird being stretchered off (serious-looking neck injury). Hope the lad's OK. He was sitting up but it didn't look very good.

Delap as slow as Rowett with the substitutions and despite a six minute stoppage (so far) there's no sign of anyone coming on. Finally, on comes Henry Wise mentioned above. For those who haven't seen him before, here he is:

5a59194aad9f2_HenryWise7fe518a416bc2a8a0428499e40aadb0d.jpg.1d0c9146d79998015200e9aa9dfa8ccd.jpg

I kinda wish there was no commentary on this. One of the great advantages of games in front of no crowd is you can hear all the instructions shouted.

Absolutely shocking penalty decision given against us by the lino. Norwich player slipped over and the flag went up immediately for a penalty. 2-2.

We have totally dominated this match. Claim was perhaps Sibley pushed the striker but he didn't look anywhere near the forward, even with the naked eye in real time before the decision. Horrible officiating.

I say bring Luke Thomas on and lets take this game away from them.

Edit: Because of the terrible decision (by the lino not the ref) the ref has lost control of the fame. A lot of mass brawling now. Tempers running very high. If we lose our heads that's the only way we will lose this match.

But there's no point whatsoever putting Thomas on the bench unless we put him on NOW. What are we waiting for?

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Absolutely shocking penalty decision given against us by the lino. Norwich player slipped over and the flag went up immediately for a penalty. 2-2.

We have totally dominated this match. Claim was perhaps Sibley pushed the striker but he didn't look anywhere near the forward, even with the naked eye in real time before the decision. Horrible officiating.

I say bring Luke Thomas on and lets take this game away from them.

I don't think it's Luke is it? Says Cain on the team sheet. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I don't think it's Luke is it? Says Cain on the team sheet. 

Aha. Thanks. I've not seen a teamsheet and just heard "Thomas".

That said, I didn't understand why Luke wasn't playing in the last round and again in this. Will always played in the Youth Cup, even as a first teamer. And he is only 18.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Aha. Thanks. I've not seen a teamsheet and just heard "Thomas".

That said, I didn't understand why Luke wasn't playing in the last round and again in this. Will always played in the Youth Cup, even as a first teamer. And he is only 18.

He'll be around the first team squad again tomorrow.  Was in the 20 at Old Trafford but didn’t make the 18.

Just because the Norwich defenders appeal doesn't mean it's a goalkick. Another poor decision as a last-ditch tackle stops Sibley pulling the trigger and we don't even get a corner.

Bogle man of the match. Creating chance after chance down the right at the moment. Three minutes of the fifteen minutes' injury time left, I fancy us if it goes to extra time.

Edit: Penalty Derby in the 15th minute of injury time!

Edit. Bogle's spotkick is saved!!!!!!!"! What a game and what a missed opportunity. Keep those heads up lads. Thought it was a good pen and a good save.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Did we just dive to win a penalty in the 15th minute of added time?

Not that it matters

I think we were still fuming that they had dived to win a pen for the equalizer; the ref realized the earlier decision was a mistake and awarded us one to even it up. Sadly we didn't take the chance but Derby never do things the easy way.

Archived