Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

By playing 4-3-3

Then we need to shift quite a few attackers, especially as it appears we're looking at bringing in some wingers. Either way, I'd like to see some outs soon.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Agree with Carrick comparisons but the difference was that Carrick always had players around him who had lots of energy to combat his lack of pace like Fletcher, Herrera, Anderson etc.

Fair point, guess we will have to see. I've always thought Huddlestone was a poor mans carrick. I suppose spurs were hoping he'd replace carrick there. Guess it wasn't meant to be. At least it has led to him coming back here. It somewhat fills the void left by will. 

Just now, Topram said:

I think he might with Martin, Ince gone so he is more the main winger ATM, hope he does step up yes I will Critise him but for me gets another year, and poor then goes, still think we should get another Winger 

Yeah think Martin back will actually help. Rowett did say 2 or 3 signings so that'd be Huddlestone Lawrence and one winger that's it?

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Then we need to shift quite a few attackers, especially as it appears we're looking at bringing in some wingers. Either way, I'd like to see some outs soon.

We'll vary between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 throughout the season.

4 in 8 out Rowett was aiming for, this will be 3 in with hopefully Lawrence to complete the incomings.

4 outs, say Roos, Olsson, Shackell & Blackman would leave a squad of 23 which includes Lowe and Hanson.

There's a long time until 31 Aug, just relax.

6 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Yeah think Martin back will actually help. Rowett did say 2 or 3 signings so that'd be Huddlestone Lawrence and one winger that's it?

Well I think another 1 or 2 attacking forwards is all we need! 

38 minutes ago, David said:

Can't help but sit here and wonder if had Huddlestone not started out at Derby would there be the same hype about this signing.

Don't get me wrong he's not a bad player to have at the club, but I think a few are getting carried away by the romance of it all, "Huddlestone coming home", when you look at his career he spent the least time at Derby and played the least games.

Plus his home is actually Nottingham :ph34r:

Disagree really. When I watched him play for Derby I always thought the guy has got real quality and should play for England. Which he did. I think he will prove to be a very astute signing. Our back four, him and Thorne and some pace on the wing nd we should have a very tidy side this year. 

34 minutes ago, Andicis said:

''I don't think it gets much worse than this, strengthing one of our main rivals by practically giving them one of our best players for **** all.

It's tragic and unbelievable. A travesty. Heads must roll. 

Hopefully somebody nukes derby before he gets there.''

Safe to say they're not happy.

I actually feel for them. Having seen Curtis Davies (a really classy player at CH) and knowing Huddlestone's vision and passing range we have taken their best 2 players arguably for just £2.5m. 

11 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

We'll vary between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 throughout the season.

4 in 8 out Rowett was aiming for, this will be 3 in with hopefully Lawrence to complete the incomings.

4 outs, say Roos, Olsson, Shackell & Blackman would leave a squad of 23 which includes Lowe and Hanson.

There's a long time until 31 Aug, just relax.

I think we will get huddlestone plus 2 more attackers. Think it was 4 in before Ince went.

8 minutes ago, Topram said:

Well I think another 1 or 2 attacking forwards is all we need! 

Once we've sealed The Hudd, I only think we need one really top quality attacking addition to replace Ince's va va boom.

Martin, Nugent, Vydra, Bent

(say)Lawrence, Russell, Weimann, Anya/Blackman

Plenty of attacking threat in that lot.

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

I think we will get huddlestone plus 2 more attackers. Think it was 4 in before Ince went.

4 in 8 out was his aim at the end of last season if I remember correctly, think it was said at one of the fans forums.

So far it's 2 in 4 out, so we're halfway there with 1.5 months till the deadline... all going according to plan.

3 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

4 in 8 out was his aim at the end of last season if I remember correctly, think it was said at one of the fans forums.

So far it's 2 in 4 out, so we're halfway there with 1.5 months till the deadline... all going according to plan.

I bet you we sign 2 more and they are both attackers. Like I said, 4 in before Ince went. We needed a quality winger before he left. Now we need 2

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Sounds like HCFC spin to put the backlash onto The Hudd and not themselves.

Didn't they do the same with Ince? Think they've been caught by relegation clauses for all their players, something like 11 players has left them already, with another 4 to go

Archived