Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

mumblemumble
3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If Lawrence was going to stay at Leicester he'd have signed a new deal by now. 

Even if Mahrez goes there's no way they'll get £40-£50 million for him and replace him with Tom Lawrence. 

They've got Albrighton, Gray and very soon Ighnacheo. Plus they'll sign a high value replacement for Mahrez.

He's probably 4th choice at the moment and at the very best that's where he will start the season. Potentially 5th choice if they sign more. 

I'd be amazed if he doesn't leave Leicester. 

They're also trying to sign Iheanacho.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

We will see JR back at his best when/if he plays with CM up top. Then he has a focal point and we will suddenly see JR getting into the oppo box and the goals will start again. 

I'm not the type to hate on a player, and as such I hope JR sorts himself out.

BUT, JR has had little problem getting into the opposition box, with the ball and space with our without CM recently. His problems come when he swings his leg and attempts to enact force on the ball to direct it goalwards. Not even CM can help him with that.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I think there is a strong element in pricing today where you look at the potential of a player. Russell is for me, whilst I like his endeavour and effort (and as it stands if we only sign one winger would be the other winger) a player who has probably reached his peak. What you genuinely get now is never going to get much better. Lawrence, being younger and with a slight different skillset, has a potential to be very good and go onto much greater things. That for me therefore pushes the price tag up.

You get bargains now and then (Huddlestone) and you get duffs (Butterfield). Its one of the few areas that I think a manager earns his money - choosing the right players and putting them into the right formations so they get the best out of each other.

I get that with Lawrence but maybe he is not really going to get any better and who knows? and the fact that no premiership clubs appear to be in for him maybe highlights what premiership scouts and managers think of him? Food for thought.

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Well yeh - Ince was one of the best wingers in the league last year - Definitely top 5 and arguably top 3? (Ritchie and Knockaert the others?)

Russell isn't going to be a top 5 player - But equally I'm not sure what Huddersfield winger from last season I'd choose ahead of him - And they did alright

Out of last seasons decent wingers the realistic possible acquisitions now include Jota and Lawrence obviously - After that I would have made a bid for Piazon - Kent has been linked already - Aluko from Fulham maybe?

The you're getting into the realms of Maghoma, Adam Hamill, Adomah - All of whom I wouldn't class as significantly better than Russell and would set us back some decent money

Ince was a wide forward for us not a winger but he was equal in results to Ritchie and Knockaert if you like and in terms of how Russell does this season let's see come the end of the season as I expect him to be in top six for wide players.

Archived