Selling......

Mafiabob

Hughes get was stupid but at the end of the day Inces was profit and keogh will be profit as well as christies, at the end of the day it's business that's what mm will see if we can replace these players with the better/same ability for less money it's good business. IF we can.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Hughes get was stupid but at the end of the day Inces was profit and keogh will be profit as well as christies, at the end of the day it's business that's what mm will see if we can replace these players with the better/same ability for less money it's good business. IF we can.

Hughes was 100% profit?

In fact we will probably get more profit on the Hughes sale than any of those 3.

13 hours ago, garrym1968 said:

Reminds me when we sacked mcfarland and got jim smith getting rid of pembridge and williams then restructuring the team . I hope fans realise you don't always need to spend money on players like butters and johnson who havent gelled as we hoped and the bryson who has up and down seasons ,a lot of players with previous managers where played out of position. I personally just depending on the system timmy elfsnik , vermon could be as good as will hughes if given a chance i would be happy with tom laurence if we could get him for a reasonable price and a van de laan/geraint williams type of player, i would like to see bent and blackman to move on and get another fresh young face up front.

I was thinking the same last night. We dismantled that expensive team bought with Lionels money after it failed to gain promotion (Tommy Johnsoin, Marco Gabbiadini, Mark Pembridge, Craig Short, Paul Kitson etc). Many joined Premier clubs so the parallels with the current position are similar.  Looking back, it worked as a couple of years later Jim Smith took us up.

2 hours ago, David said:

Hughes was 100% profit?

In fact we will probably get more profit on the Hughes sale than any of those 3.

Yes I know I didn't mean it like that I just meant that it was a crap price but that what mm would see 100% profit so in his eyes he would of made how ever much we end up for Hughes is profit 

4 hours ago, admira said:

I was thinking the same last night. We dismantled that expensive team bought with Lionels money after it failed to gain promotion (Tommy Johnsoin, Marco Gabbiadini, Mark Pembridge, Craig Short, Paul Kitson etc). Many joined Premier clubs so the parallels with the current position are similar.  Looking back, it worked as a couple of years later Jim Smith took us up.

Couple of years????? GR won't get till Christmas :lol:

16 hours ago, philmycock said:

Are we officially a selling club now? I thought our owner was proper minted, can't we tap up a Kuwaiti businessman who could plough proper funds into us? :ph34r:

So you would be happier if some poor bugger poured money into the club to buy over priced players who never get a game?Oh yes that was Clements Now Rowett   has to clear the decks

On 7/4/2017 at 16:55, Mafiabob said:

Find it quite strange we are selling to clubs we owed pennies too..... or just a coincidence. 

Yes im being a tad of a conspicuous person.....

Probably no coincidence, but its only possible to offload your unwanted players to clubs wiling to buy them. 

22 hours ago, admira said:

Actually, Jim came in the summer and we were promoted the same season. Here's hoping that lightening strikes twice.

23 hours ago, admira said:

There are some similarities here. My concern would be that if Rowett starts next season likes Jim Smith in 95/96 then he won't be around come November - is there a lesson in there?

By November '95 we were either in or very close to the relegation places, the football was inconsistent and it was only the signing of Stimac that galvanised the team. I think after Stimac's first game we then went 20+ games without defeat.

I am sure you are aware but Gabbiadini wasn't moved on but played a key role in the promotion season. We had 4 top forwards that year - Gabbiadini, Sturridge, Willems and Simpson (who generally started on the bench). We certainly seem to have similar quality in the forward positions this year. Willems and Simpson were very 'clever' forwards, do we have that currently?

59 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

We had 4 top forwards that year - Gabbiadini, Sturridge, Willems and Simpson (who generally started on the bench). We certainly seem to have similar quality in the forward positions this year. Willems and Simpson were very 'clever' forwards, do we have that currently?

Yes, Martin and Nugent both clever in different ways, then Vydra and A.N.Other.

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, Martin and Nugent both clever in different ways, then Vydra and A.N.Other.

Agree, there is an abundance of clever players there for different reasons as you've stated. Really looking forward to the different permutations that GR can come up with involving those 3. We should definitely have a better goals for accumulation if he shuffles the pack correctly. 

22 minutes ago, zaragozaram said:

Don´t really know about Zanzala´s attributes, but he always struck me as a target man type of striker, albeit with pace, whereas Weimann fits in the clever forward bracket

Does he ? Because he's always struck me as the 'run around like a headless chicken' forward bracket.

Archived