Selling......

Mafiabob

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 16:55, Mafiabob said:

Find it quite strange we are selling to clubs we owed pennies too..... or just a coincidence. 

Yes im being a tad of a conspicuous person.....

Some were saying last season that we should be emulating teams like Southampton, I think selling two of the best players we had - we now have emulated Southampton!

Only hope that Gary Rowett new Derby starts the new season well or else we might find his head on the block.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel Morris is not only our owner but he is also a fan.

I for one don't think he will have just let Gary Rowett sell players of this calibre without being at least consulted and informed of the managers attentions. Would not happen.

I know this doesn't guarantee success but I am sure Gary has a master plan and should be applauded for doing it His way.

Which ever way it goes, no one can come back at him and say "you failed because you didn't change anything" If he succeeds then he will be your hero and this thread will be forgotten.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Mel Morris is not only our owner but he is also a fan.

I for one don't think he will have just let Gary Rowett sell players of this calibre without being at least consulted and informed of the managers attentions. Would not happen.

I know this doesn't guarantee success but I am sure Gary has a master plan and should be applauded for doing it His way.

Which ever way it goes, no one can come back at him and say "you failed because you didn't change anything" If he succeeds then he will be your hero and this thread will be forgotten.

I, as one of Mels harshest critics since he first reinvested back in to Derby 2 days before 2014 play off final..... would be over the moon if everyone works out amazingly.

I will be more than happy to have egg on my face and told I was completely wrong.

However, I won't be shouting from the rooftops if I'm right in what I think. I will be saddened, and I look down on folk who have to say "I told you so" to belittle people. Each to there own. 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

I, as one of Mels harshest critics since he first reinvested back in to Derby 2 days before 2014 play off final..... would be over the moon if everyone works out amazingly.

I will be more than happy to have egg on my face and told I was completely wrong.

However, I won't be shouting from the rooftops if I'm right in what I think. I will be saddened, and I look down on folk who have to say "I told you so" to belittle people. Each to there own. 

If you read what I have actually written, I think you will find I have belittled no one. I simply stated that MM will not have let Gary have free reign when it comes to selling what are perceived to be our best assets. 

I will also not be looking down on people and saying "I told you so" but I will give the manager a chance to prove himself

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, Reverend said:

Actually, Jim came in the summer and we were promoted the same season. Here's hoping that lightening strikes twice.

Just been looking back at some stuff and noted we only got 79 points that season and got second, Sunderland got 83. Funny how things work out, 79 points wouldnt even have got us in the play offs last season.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Must admit I would love to be able to do a 'sliding doors' moment and see what would happen if GSE had stayed in charge. Even the summer after when we signed George the fee was huge for us, you still got a feeling we were really pushing boundaries by signing him. Then just 18 months later we were splashing more money on signings like Blackman. 

I personally have faith Mel will get it right and this years 'wheeling and dealing' is a demonstration of a lesson learned. But I know how good it felt ripping teams apart with that team in 13/14 knowing it had been put together on a relative shoestring.

37 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

If you read what I have actually written, I think you will find I have belittled no one. I simply stated that MM will not have let Gary have free reign when it comes to selling what are perceived to be our best assets. 

I will also not be looking down on people and saying "I told you so" but I will give the manager a chance to prove himself

If you read my reply properly I wasn't saying you per say, I was talking generally. 

21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Must admit I would love to be able to do a 'sliding doors' moment and see what would happen if GSE had stayed in charge. Even the summer after when we signed George the fee was huge for us, you still got a feeling we were really pushing boundaries by signing him. Then just 18 months later we were splashing more money on signings like Blackman. 

I personally have faith Mel will get it right and this years 'wheeling and dealing' is a demonstration of a lesson learned. But I know how good it felt ripping teams apart with that team in 13/14 knowing it had been put together on a relative shoestring.

We have what we have. I will continue to support Derby County through thick and thin. However much reservation I have about our current ownership.

Just think for myself that if he wasn't local there would be a lot more fan unrest than we have at minute. Not calling for it in anyway, but the one biggest thing Mel has wasted during his tenure is time..... a commodity we desperate need this season. 

25 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

We have what we have. I will continue to support Derby County through thick and thin. However much reservation I have about our current ownership.

Just think for myself that if he wasn't local there would be a lot more fan unrest than we have at minute. Not calling for it in anyway, but the one biggest thing Mel has wasted during his tenure is time..... a commodity we desperate need this season. 

I couldn't give a toss where our chairman is from and I don't think it matters either. I doubt Man City or Chelsea fans are complaining about their chairman's.

I think any fans that defend MM by saying he's local and "cares about the club" need to pull their head out their a**e. You're telling me Abramovich or City's owners don't care about their clubs? Get real. Judge Mel on what he does (a lot of which has been wrong so far), and not on where he's from.

3 hours ago, RamBamFan said:

I couldn't give a toss where our chairman is from and I don't think it matters either. I doubt Man City or Chelsea fans are complaining about their chairman's.

I think any fans that defend MM by saying he's local and "cares about the club" need to pull their head out their a**e. You're telling me Abramovich or City's owners don't care about their clubs? Get real. Judge Mel on what he does (a lot of which has been wrong so far), and not on where he's from.

Think you've not got the gist that I'm not a Mel Fan, but I totally agree with you 100%

Archived