Selling......

Mafiabob

Find it quite strange we are selling to clubs we owed pennies too..... or just a coincidence. 

Yes im being a tad of a conspicuous person.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mafiabob said:

Find it quite strange we are selling to clubs we owed pennies too..... or just a coincidence. 

I think it is coincidence, but it does seem convenient. 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

I'm glad you said. I'd have never noticed you otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

If Reading come sniffing for money owed for Blackman then you may be on to something or maybe I'm Reading too much into this as well. It is a tad suspicious though in all seriousness. 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

If Reading come sniffing for money owed for Blackman then you may be on to something or maybe I'm Reading too much into this as well. It is a tad suspicious though in all seriousness. 

Reading being interested in Christie starts to make a lot more sense now...

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Well they are in premiership with money and the players want to play in the premiership but they did want to play there with Derby but we fluffed it didn't we. Christie will probably end up at Reading soon and maybe Keogh at Watford then you can stare aimlessly into an empty pint pot and wonder?

Reminds me when we sacked mcfarland and got jim smith getting rid of pembridge and williams then restructuring the team . I hope fans realise you don't always need to spend money on players like butters and johnson who havent gelled as we hoped and the bryson who has up and down seasons ,a lot of players with previous managers where played out of position. I personally just depending on the system timmy elfsnik , vermon could be as good as will hughes if given a chance i would be happy with tom laurence if we could get him for a reasonable price and a van de laan/geraint williams type of player, i would like to see bent and blackman to move on and get another fresh young face up front.

If it writes off debt we owe albeit with a slightly reduced fee then it's no different to a different club giving us a 'full' fee and us using then using that to pay who we owe.

If true it's not ideal, we all know we've bought badly, but we've sold two players who don't want to be here to their apparent highest bidder. At the minute that's all we know for sure that there is to it.

i read somewhere the new year for ffp started tuesday and thats why the deals are being done for this upcoming year and that it was usual business for us .not that much into that side of it. but if it gets some of ours moved on who cares as long as books balance and its for right reasons or price. we need some deadwood gone

25 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Are we officially a selling club now? I thought our owner was proper minted, can't we tap up a Kuwaiti businessman who could plough proper funds into us? :ph34r:

Think of us more as gift givers, donating incredible players at discount prices to those poor paupers in the prem..

49 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think of us more as gift givers, donating incredible players at discount prices to those poor paupers in the prem..

I can think of a few players in our squad I would like to gift to another team. 

Archived