Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I've tried a really quick tap, and the pop up still appears. I've also tried a longer press and both the pop up and a window with lots of options appears (open in new tab etc). I presume it is something to do with IOS 13 so will have to make do.

Try this.

1) Go to the forum homepage 

2) In the URL bar press on the AA icon at the left

3) At the bottom press on Website Settings

4) Turn off Request Desktop Website at the top

See how that works for you

3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Well, I've tried a quick tap, a long hold and changing from and to desktop settings. Still getting the same results. Have discovered that a double quick tap does the job. Just got to remember every time I go into a thread now ??

Surprised desktop settings hasn’t fixed it for you as I’m unable to open that pop up at all with desktop off. Just check it is off for me

7 minutes ago, David said:

Rich in Spain, any chance of a translation for David in England? ?

David said - "try this.

1. Go to...........

Ah, you mean my bit ?

sitio web en versión móvil-it's in mobile mode and not desktop 

barra de herramientas - tool bar

ajustes del sitio web - website settings 

mostrar vista de lector - I ain't got a clue ? .Mostrar is show, vista is view and lector is reader.

3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

David said - "try this.

1. Go to...........

Ah, you mean my bit ?

sitio web en versión móvil-it's in mobile mode and not desktop 

barra de herramientas - tool bar

ajustes del sitio web - website settings 

mostrar vista de lector - I ain't got a clue ? .Mostrar is show, vista is view and lector is reader.

Thanks, I’ll look into it but I’m having trouble replicating on both an iPad Pro and iPad Mini right now. 

On 04/10/2019 at 19:12, David said:

Thanks, I’ll look into it but I’m having trouble replicating on both an iPad Pro and iPad Mini right now. 

Not too fussed, but just to say l too am experiencing the same issues on my iPad Pro - having to double click to obtain content. I will try my iPhone later to see if that is the same.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Not too fussed, but just to say l too am experiencing the same issues on my iPad Pro - having to double click to obtain content. I will try my iPhone later to see if that is the same.

Have you tried the above, disabling desktop view?

14 minutes ago, David said:

Have you tried the above, disabling desktop view?

I did try but failed with: In the URL bar press on the AA icon at the left. I can’t find an AA icon on the Forum Homepage?

This seems to be an iPad issue. iPhone is working ok ?

Will pop back in again later for your words of IT wisdom. Keep them simple. Pretend your communicating with Boycie.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I did try but failed with: In the URL bar press on the AA icon at the left. I can’t find an AA icon on the Forum Homepage?

This seems to be an iPad issue. iPhone is working ok ?

Will pop back in again later for your words of IT wisdom. Keep them simple. Pretend your communicating with Boycie.

You don’t see this icon?

4B86B1EC-12CA-4A93-AC80-330787DFE182.jpeg

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Google Chrome it is. When McRamFan tells me not to use something l instinctively know that it will be the right way to go.

Leave it with me, only have the Mini to hand, will grab the Pro later and download Chrome, see if there is anything I can do.

• 2 weeks later...