Mayweather v McGregor

Day

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Unfortunately I can't recommend any way of watching it on here that would be legal (unless you fancy buying a membership to the WWE Network, which I don't think you do).

You'll just have to take my word for it! 

People actually pay a subscription to watch it? 'kin ell, stop the world I need to get off!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, David said:

People actually pay a subscription to watch it? 'kin ell, stop the world I need to get off!

TBF, it's free for the first month, so you could get it then cancel it. 

Some of the things people do baffles me. I've heard some people pay to watch Nottingham Forest! That's even crazier if you ask me. 

On 08/08/2017 at 02:46, Bris Vegas said:

Looks like Pauli Malignaggi has got the ump with McGregor over their perceived sparring sessions.

Basically Pauli spoke horribly of McGregor about 9 months ago, so as a result he was invited to do some sparring sessions with McGregor so Connor had the chance to stick it on him.

Seems he really went after him. It's not often you see a referee in sparring sessions.

Anyway from what I gather no phones or recording was allowed, yet McGregor's pro photography team has taken to social media to publish photos showing Malignaggi getting beat up and at one stage lying on the canvas from an alleged knockdown.

Malignaggi claims it was a push and such photos show him in a bad light, therefore he walked out and has since basically called McGregor a fraud and explained how he should show the whole unedited video of their sparring.

It looks like McGregor has basically used him to further sell the fight, and the pics don't really represent what happened.

Having said that, it's noticeable that Malignaggi no longer completely dismisses McGregor's boxing ability from recent interviews and comparing the two afterwards, he was definitely more bruised up and swollen.

Floyd will still win the fight by UD, I'm 99% sure of that. But I at least hope McGregor brings an element of surprise to the fight. He looks like he will have a weight advantage, so I'm hoping he goes for a Maidana approach and roughs Floyd up on the inside.

McGregor will be humiliated and get himself disqualified.....which is a shame because I hope he gets his stupid face pummelled.

I won't be watching it. Is the warm-up a bear against a tiger?

7 minutes ago, David said:

Isn't that the game plan for every boxer?

Ideally, but boxers have different styles. Floyd Mayweather is the total opposite of a pressure fighter. He won't fight on the front foot, loading up like GGG with the aim of a knockout.

He will counter all night. Sure he may land a KO blow, it's unlikely, but he might. McGregor has to go for it. If he tries to outbox Floyd it will be an easy win for Mayweather via UD.

If McGregor pressures him like Maidana we will witness a more entertaining fight as there is a chance he will get KO'd.

I see Connor trying to outbox him. I think both guys will be satisfied with a Mayweather UD. Mayweather moves to 50-0, and Connor can keep his rep in tact by claiming he never got hurt and danced around the ring for 36 mins to the tune of $100m.

21 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Surely Mayweather by decision is where the money is at.

He won't go for the knockout as he wouldn't want to give McGregor the chance of landing a counter left.

Hit and don't get hit. That will be his mindframe for the entire fight.

3/1 at Betfair...

On 24/08/2017 at 16:07, Bris Vegas said:

Surely Mayweather by decision is where the money is at.

He won't go for the knockout as he wouldn't want to give McGregor the chance of landing a counter left.

Hit and don't get hit. That will be his mindframe for the entire fight.

It'll be Mayweather by decision, but it will be in controversial circumstances. A rematch in the Octagon - probably 2019 (giving Floyd time to learn take downs) is where the money is - and that's what will happen.

This is a billion $ fight - nothing will be left to chance. The rematch on Conor's turf will be worth even more.

Like i said in a previous thread its like the best badmington player in the world challenging novak djokovic to a tennis match because they are both racket sports

As much as i hate mayweather he is one of the best boxers ever (prefer sugar ray & a prime roy jones) he's made good fighters look ordinary 

what if mayweather gets hit clean? He wont... he's been hit clean a handful of times in his career

Even if mcgregor did beat paulie in sparing he beat a fat, old out of shape poor former world champ who had just stepped off a flight & hasnt trained properly. Pauli is a nice bloke but he was a stepping stone for the likes of Hatton & Kahn. He has never been able to bang & is comming off a loss from sam eggington. McGregor woud have been better sparing someone younger & hungry rather than someone past it. 

Just going to wait for this weigh in to be over, mcgregor will be heavier & all the idiots will back him & thats when we'll get the best odds on mayweather then im going to lump everything on Floyd  

10 hours ago, Parsnip said:

It'll be Mayweather by decision, but it will be in controversial circumstances. A rematch in the Octagon - probably 2019 (giving Floyd time to learn take downs) is where the money is - and that's what will happen.

This is a billion $ fight - nothing will be left to chance. The rematch on Conor's turf will be worth even more.

Lol. That would never happen, he'd deck him with one eye shut.

Archived