Mayweather v McGregor

David

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Pauli Malignaggi has got the ump with McGregor over their perceived sparring sessions.

Basically Pauli spoke horribly of McGregor about 9 months ago, so as a result he was invited to do some sparring sessions with McGregor so Connor had the chance to stick it on him.

Seems he really went after him. It's not often you see a referee in sparring sessions.

Anyway from what I gather no phones or recording was allowed, yet McGregor's pro photography team has taken to social media to publish photos showing Malignaggi getting beat up and at one stage lying on the canvas from an alleged knockdown.

Malignaggi claims it was a push and such photos show him in a bad light, therefore he walked out and has since basically called McGregor a fraud and explained how he should show the whole unedited video of their sparring.

It looks like McGregor has basically used him to further sell the fight, and the pics don't really represent what happened.

Having said that, it's noticeable that Malignaggi no longer completely dismisses McGregor's boxing ability from recent interviews and comparing the two afterwards, he was definitely more bruised up and swollen.

Floyd will still win the fight by UD, I'm 99% sure of that. But I at least hope McGregor brings an element of surprise to the fight. He looks like he will have a weight advantage, so I'm hoping he goes for a Maidana approach and roughs Floyd up on the inside.

Think Conor should prepare to be schooled. Best pound for pound fighter in the game right now IMO.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/08/vasyl-lomachenko-tells-conor-mcgregor-he-is-ready-to-step-in-as-new-sparring-partner-6838706/

Vasyl Lomachenko is ready to step in as Conor McGregor’s newest sparring partner ahead of the Irishman’s fight with Floyd Mayweather.

Paulie Malignaggi claims Conor McGregor has 'gagged' the only man who can reveal truth

The Ukrainian has an incredible cult as one of the most exciting boxers to enter the professional ranks in years.

Lomachenko enjoyed a remarkable amateur career and picked up 396 wins and two Olympic gold medals.

The 29-year-old is a two-weight world champion after just ten professional fights and now he is ready to offer his skills to McGregor.

Lomachenko offered his services to McGregor via Twitter with the UFC star’s sparring partners making headlines in the last week.

Former world champion Paulie Malignaggi left the camp after feeling he was exploited by McGregor, as well as disrespected.

(Picture: Getty)

Conor McGregor in training with Paulie Malignaggi (Picture: Instagram)

Malignaggi sparred twice with McGregor, but was furious when pictures of him on the canvas surfaced on social media.

The American has insisted he was not knocked down, rather pushed by McGregor and has since launched a wave of abuse at his former employer.

Lomachenko made headlines of his own with his superb performance against Miguel Marriaga last Saturday.

Paulie sparred with an open headguard, Connor didn't. His was fully protective. I wouldn't read too much into the bruising etc. 

Like @Alpha says, Eggington beat Paulie, is anyone really giving Connor a chance because he may have held his own against a retired, out of shape, powder puff punching boxer in sparring?

It's a panto. You're a fool if you're Going to pay for it. There's only one outcome. It's not even a punchers chance. They're wearing 10oz gloves, with wrapping. Do we honestly believe a left hook that is used to finding a s**** UFC fighter  (s**** as in avoiding punches like a boxer) will even connect cleanly with Mayweather? Not a chance. Mayweather will win every round and every one will switch off after 6 rounds of boring s****.

On 08/08/2017 at 21:05, Alpha said:

Who'd give Sam Eggington a chance v Mayweather? He beat Malignaggi up

I don't trust any of the panto. Get the fight on. Get rid and move on to Canelo v GGG. 

It really is a Pantomime show, it's going to do untold damage to the sport. 

Defo not buying this & wouldn't even watch it if it was on for free! ??????

It'll be a WWE ring next..... Macgregor will go to Wrestlemania looking to fight Braun Strowman in a no holds barred dustbin match

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

It'll be a WWE ring next..... Macgregor will go to Wrestlemania looking to fight Braun Strowman in a no holds barred dustbin match

I know you mean that as a joke, butbit sounds amazing. Headliner for the royal rumble. I'd definitely pay the ppv price for that. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Not the kinda thing you want to go around admitting in public when you’re over the age of 12!

I'm usually more embarrassed to admit to being a Rams fan.

At least WWE admits it's a farcical circus style performance. 

5 hours ago, Tombo said:

I'm usually more embarrassed to admit to being a Rams fan.

At least WWE admits it's a farcical circus style performance. 

I would challenge anyone to watch the main event of last nights PPV and not have an absolute blast watching it. 

42 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I would challenge anyone to watch the main event of last nights PPV and not have an absolute blast watching it. 

I'll get back to you on that when I've been home and watched it :lol: No spoilers please but I've heard it was a barnstormer! 

49 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

What do I win? 

Point me in the direction of where to watch those blown up dodgy actors play around, I'm down for an easy prize. 

Shouldn't even be talked about in Other Sport, insult to all other sports, more entertaining watching the cricket followed by golf.

19 minutes ago, David said:

What do I win? 

Point me in the direction of where to watch those blown up dodgy actors play around, I'm down for an easy prize. 

Shouldn't even be talked about in Other Sport, insult to all other sports, more entertaining watching the cricket followed by golf.

Unfortunately I can't recommend any way of watching it on here that would be legal (unless you fancy buying a membership to the WWE Network, which I don't think you do).

You'll just have to take my word for it! 

Archived