Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

To listen to some of you lot it's amazing to think that every single professional football team that's ever achieved a promotion in their entire history did so WITHOUT Will Hughes. You're acting like we may as well just pack up and go home now. Pathetic lot.

What's up with the name-calling pal? It's the fee most folk have an issue with not Will leaving. He was always going to leave sometime just not, we'd hoped, for peanuts. That OK with you?

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

Hold on, hold on, hold on! Why the chuff would there even BE a Celtic badge in an FA Cup sticker album? Or is that the point?

In the 80's your Panini album was immense. It had all 4 English leagues, the Scottish league, FA Cup sections, action player foilies... so there was a Celtic badge and an FA Cup foily. Probably just a team photo sticker of Derby though with them being in the second tier, but at least we'd get in it!

1 hour ago, Grantona said:

Yes, B4, Hendrick has proved to be a bargain buy by helping Burnley stay up for another £100 million.

Without him do you think you would of gone down?

great sale for us because with Hendrick we didn't go up. Yes without him we still haven't gone up either but we are 10.5m better off

21 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well that makes me feel slightly better, 8.5 is still robbery but it's not a complete shafting, it's arguably about on his market value but for a player like him we shouldn't be selling him unless the offer is way above that based on his importance to the team

You'd like to think so, but that's weird in itself that as it stands, no other team has entered the mix and a bidding war. ?

13 minutes ago, Simsy said:

great sale for us because with Hendrick we didn't go up. Yes without him we still haven't gone up either but we are 10.5m better off

Our league position can hardly be attributed to Hendrick being or not being in the squad.

13 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Has there been anything 'official' from the Derby County end or is this all Sky/newspaper talk ?

I think silence speaks volumes.

Normally a club would come out and laugh off speculation and say things like 4.5 million wouldn't buy the big toe off will Hughes.

A bit like Stevie Mac did with Ince.

6 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Sure Rush is guilty of a lot of things, but one thing I think he did well was not let us get taken for mugs when it came to selling players. I'm sure Mel has a plan :ermm:

I hope he has.It seems that his [Rush]"financial disloyalty" was noticed only when Rowett came in, hopefully now everyone will be reading from the same hym sheet

47 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Which we promptly wasted based on what we have seen

Archived