Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm not sure, but this idea has just seems to come out of the blue. Plus, it should make no difference whatsoever as we'll end up with the same amount of money anyway.

Ramblur  and others who understand the accounts have shown that we do pay instalments,as do all clubs. It's common practice, not "out the blue".

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought, but the Will Hughes to Watford story has been in the media for a few days now, if we were selling him massively under market value wouldn't someone else have stepped in with a cheeky counter offer by now? 

We all Love Will here but the facts are that none of the current team have impressed the last few seasons. GR has already said that offers aren't flying in and Will's value reflects his current market value.  

On 11/06/2017 at 22:12, DesertRam said:

If we sell WH for 4 mill, GR better be winning most of his matches.

Things like this tend to reduce your grace period, only my opinion thou'. 

Its comments like that, that are fundamental to causing stress and strain on a team, and a new manager.

There have been some good replies in this thread. Some level headed thoughts to why Hughes isnt the be all and end all of DCFC and not worth a stratospheric amount.

Derby have done F all the past few seasons for whatever reason, dont be scared of change and think about why Rowett is making the changes he is rather than going straight to panic stations and thinking the worst

26 minutes ago, David said:

In this case I think I would prefer a loan, he wouldn't be going to a rival. If he does what we think he can do in the Premier League is value would sky rocket, you would also hope that this could be our year and we would be a Premier League club.

Rowett's plans, ideas may change in a different league and Hughes may become part of his plans.

It's a risk as he could flop, be worth even less. It's a risk I would be willing to take though.

My views in a nutshell - but I believe Watford are just buying an investment which they will be loaning out to make money out of

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Just a thought, but the Will Hughes to Watford story has been in the media for a few days now, if we were selling him massively under market value wouldn't someone else have stepped in with a cheeky counter offer by now? 

We all Love Will here but the facts are that none of the current team have impressed the last few seasons. GR has already said that offers aren't flying in and Will's value reflects his current market value.  

It was in media outlets last week that Watford had made a bid of £5 million so at least it has gone up a bit.

18 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

My views in a nutshell - but I believe Watford are just buying an investment which they will be loaning out to make money out of

Absolutely, not sure they would be so keen on a loan. For everyone saying Hughes has stagnated a Premier League club has come in for him, spotted an opportunity to grab a star off the back of a injury hit then poor season.

Your bigger clubs are only interested in players that are coming off a decent season, Pickford to Everton as an example.

People say our scouting is poor but it's no worse than a lot of those big clubs, Liverpool just wait to see who shines at Southampton rather than being the club to take a risk on a Celtic player.

This is why I hope Derby insist on a sell on clause, be silly not to.

55 minutes ago, David said:

In this case I think I would prefer a loan, he wouldn't be going to a rival. If he does what we think he can do in the Premier League is value would sky rocket, you would also hope that this could be our year and we would be a Premier League club.

Rowett's plans, ideas may change in a different league and Hughes may become part of his plans.

It's a risk as he could flop, be worth even less. It's a risk I would be willing to take though.

100% agree with this ?

57 minutes ago, David said:

Just want to expand a little on this as I laughed off the suggestion of loaning Ince out yet willing to loan out Will.

Tom Ince has just had a decent season, 14 goals from the wing. His value should be as high as it will ever be in this league. It would make little sense to loan him out.

Like Will his value could sky rocket if he performs in the Premier League but Ince has been at 2 clubs up there barely given game time, I don't know why that is but that could quite easily happen again.

Ince is also a little older, doesn't have that potential factor to keep his value up after a flopped season.

If Will came back after a disappointing season, we still have a great Championship player and if we don't go up, history would suggest Rowett could be looking for a new job.

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

This is getting silly 

Lets keep Hughes 

lets keep Keogh 

lets keep ince 

Infact lets keep the whole team that's failed so miserabley the past 3 seasons , WHEN will all of you WAKE UP and smell the coffee . They aint good enough , the world will not end selling these players at Derby . What will happen is a glimmer of hope for next season .

Just like selling bobby davison to leeds all those years ago didn't break the club.

In the history of good players going Hughes, Ince and Keogh pale into insignificance.

GET A GRIP ALL OF YOU 

And get em gone gary TOP JOB your doing.

Hughes isn't good enough?

43 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

If we loaned him out people would still be whinging. 

You never know this could clear the path for one of the under 23 midfielders (callum guy) to make a stance for the 1st team. 

Agree with this, seen people saying the youth system isn't working if we sell him for £8mill but the reality is we need to sell the likes of Hughes so the next generation start getting blooded into the first team. That's the Southampton model rather than looking at the £££ we get for him. It's making sure you have a turnover and selling when the time is right. 

I can just about handle 8m rising to 10m as I do think Hughes deserves a chance in the Prem but 4.5m would be absolutely ridiculous, we should plain and simply say no, come deadline day they would probably end up paying 10m + addons.

We paid 4.5m for Anya!

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

This is getting silly 

Lets keep Hughes 

lets keep Keogh 

lets keep ince 

Infact lets keep the whole team that's failed so miserabley the past 3 seasons , WHEN will all of you WAKE UP and smell the coffee . They aint good enough , the world will not end selling these players at Derby . What will happen is a glimmer of hope for next season .

Just like selling bobby davison to leeds all those years ago didn't break the club.

In the history of good players going Hughes, Ince and Keogh pale into insignificance.

GET A GRIP ALL OF YOU 

And get em gone gary TOP JOB your doing.

I didn't realise three players made a team.

You've been in Notts too long, youth.

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Mel and Gary need their heads testing. 

Then so do 19 other Premier League club chairman & managers?

Still waiting for a single other club to show any interest in this "bargain of the century"...

5 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Then so do 19 other Premier League club chairman & managers?

Still waiting for a single other club to show any interest in this "bargain of the century"...

That's how bargains work though? 

Archived