Keogh

TroyDyer

When investing in a player, it is important to undertake due diligence.

Stephen caulker by his own admission is a drinker, gambler, and a depressive.

He has convictions and fines for refusing to provide a breath sample; for being drunk and disorderly;for throwing objects at train passengers; and for "vile abuse" of a doorman.....its all very well opening up about demons - albeit tempering this acknowledgement by claiming that his clubs owe him a duty of care - but what does it take for someone to realise that he is a bad investment risk?

I didn't see the same level of  'understanding' when Bob Malcolm ended up comatose and drunk at the wheel of a car; when collymore battered ulrika; when gary charles shat himself.....

walk on by.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

When investing in a player, it is important to undertake due diligence.

Stephen caulker by his own admission is a drinker, gambler, and a depressive.

He has convictions and fines for refusing to provide a breath sample; for being drunk and disorderly;for throwing objects at train passengers; and for "vile abuse" of a doorman.....its all very well opening up about demons - albeit tempering this acknowledgement by claiming that his clubs owe him a duty of care - but what does it take for someone to realise that he is a bad investment risk?

I didn't see the same level of  'understanding' when Bob Malcolm ended up comatose and drunk at the wheel of a car; when collymore battered ulrika; when gary charles shat himself.....

walk on by.

I think your second line misquotes him Ramnut. Steven Caulker says that he WAS a drinker and gambler, though perhaps those particular addictions never quite leave you.  He may remain - and this is my view - a depressive, though that seems to be under control by medication.

I have no idea whether we are even interested in him let alone about to buy him but I admire a great deal the fact that he has spoken so openly about his problems, has clearly sought to address them and wants to restart his career. The character he has shown in the last year seems to me to be worthy of praise of anyone in any job but especially a footballer in the public eye and open to all kinds of verbal and written abuse. 

I wish him great luck, whether it's with us or not. And, on topic, I hope Keogh stays but he too will have his price.

FFS people saying sign Caulker give him a chance but ready to offload a player who makes mistakes but really gives his all and clearly loves DCFC..... I can recollect loads of games where Keogh has dug us out of trouble when I,ve thought the opposition were in and were going to score...but wiling to give Caulker a chance!!!! Laughable!!!

Caulker is bang average and there's a reason clubs aren't clamouring for his services... .... can't get a game at QPR and seemingly available for  transfer....I'd rather have had Bucko back than even consider someone like Caulker.

just because he's been bought a few times for big money and played for England so what....that's not where he is now....

ps. does anyone know the reason Wisdom still has not completed his transfer ?

1 hour ago, Bazal77 said:

i cant recall keogh making any mistakes 

He's always got one in him - but he never lets it out.

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I admire a great deal the fact that he has spoken so openly about his problems, has clearly sought to address them and wants to restart his career. The character he has shown in the last year seems to me to be worthy of praise of anyone in any job but especially a footballer in the public eye and open to all kinds of verbal and written abuse. 

I wish him great luck.

Jolly good. So do i. 

But don't sign him ffs.

9 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Think Shackell is done, get his kind of injury at his stage, very difficult to return and he has been dissapointing in his second spell. @Mostyn6 and @sage were spot with their comments when he re-joined

I am shocked at two aspects of this post. 

Firstly, being proved right. A most unusual circumstance.

Secondly and even more surprisingly, me and Mostyn agreeing on something. 

16 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I wouldn't say shackell is done at all. Time will tell

time to move him on now.we need players who are fully fit. thorns injurys have cost him 2 seasons in a row virtualy.hes a good player but carnt be relied on for 10 games .it seems in the past we have sighed too many players who have had bad injurys before they came and its just wasted wages.gr is pushing for fitness and hopfully we can get through the first few games without anyone being injured. we knew shacks didnt have long when we signed him due to age.pay him off davis and wisdom are the new boys and one less in the squad.

I'm in too minds about Shackell. 

I think he could do well at a Championship rival if we let him go, also good to have competition for places.

But his attitude is famously terrible and has no place in the dressing room if he isn't playing. Also a burden on wages.

Archived