Keogh

TroyDyer

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO we need to keep Keogh, despite the occasional blunder, he gives it his all, drives the team forward with the odd surging run. He puts his body on the line and I think him and Davies will be a quality partnership.

1 hour ago, w8sey said:

IMO we need to keep Keogh, despite the occasional blunder, he gives it his all, drives the team forward with the odd surging run. He puts his body on the line and I think him and Davies will be a quality partnership.

I agree but then when I think about it in terms of if selling keough for the money that's been spoken about for him and that money added to the Hughes,ince ,Christie money enabled us to bring in jota and Lawrence on top of huddlestone whilst not buying another centre half but rather use what we have ,i.e. Pearce , shackell and any number of the players we have that can play there ,,, would I sell keough for that???

hell yes ,, 

us fans perhaps are looking at the sale of keough in terms of what we would get for him in terms of what we would spend to buy another centre half and that could well a million miles from what rowett thinking on selling him is ,,,,,

if the above scenario is anywhere near correct then this would be one masterstroke window of wheeler dealing by rowett in terms of producing a far far better balanced squad whilst balancing the books and if we can shed a few fringe players not in his plans then we could be far healthier on ffp with a stronger better balanced squad that in my eyes would have a bloody good shot at autos

Looks to me that rowett could be taking a look at whether he could turn Hansen into a centre half alongside Davies ? After all if Huddlestone comes in we will have our fair share of big beasts that can defend 

1 hour ago, archied said:

Looks to me that rowett could be taking a look at whether he could turn Hansen into a centre half alongside Davies ? After all if Huddlestone comes in we will have our fair share of big beasts that can defend 

Good god I hope not, on the evidence Hanson has provided so far.

A loan spell, followed by a small fee is the most we can expect from Hanson, imo.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Good god I hope not, on the evidence Hanson has provided so far.

A loan spell, followed by a small fee is the most we can expect from Hanson, imo.

Saw him make his debut for us and won't write him off just yet as there was a little sprinkle of magic to how he stepped up to the plate that day ,,, if it's in there then I reckon rowett could well be the man to coax it out of him ,, he's been moved from pillar to post and back again in terms of positions he's been asked to play so must be all over the place mentally 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Hanson looks too small to be a center half, I don't doubt his work rate and strength but any decent target man would have his pants down over 90 minutes. He isn't what we need. We already have what we need in Keogh and Davies, selling Keogh would create a problem, not solve one.

Les Green looked too small to be a keeper !

Archived