Reading

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Belle vue ram said:

Reading?? Spent next to nothing and of to Wembley our owners wasted millions on bang average  players  and pretty much mid table finish , Derby way ??, 

Fair play to Reading...we have made mistakes, Mel has admitted that, we are in the process of putting things right.

Let us not get stuck in the past, let's focus on the future and look forward to what is about to come.

Incidentally, We have finished in the top 10 of the championship 4 seasons on the trot, under Clough, Jewell, Gregory we would be creaming our pants at that stat.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Fair play to Reading...we have made mistakes, Mel has admitted that, we are in the process of putting things right.

Let us not get stuck in the past, let's focus on the future and look forward to what is about to come.

Incidentally, We have finished in the top 10 of the championship 4 seasons on the trot, under Clough, Jewell, Gregory we would be creaming our pants at that stat.

But let's not get stuck in the past. :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Belle vue ram said:

Reading?? Spent next to nothing and of to Wembley our owners wasted millions on bang average  players  and pretty much mid table finish , Derby way ??, 

£7.5m is next to nothing nowadays?

Wind me up threads like this do. Firstly they've not spent nothing have they ? £3.5 million on a centre half in January for one. Secondly so what ! What the he'll does it matter what they've spent compared to us ? It's I relevent, congratulations to them , hope they enjoy it. Way to much emphasis on the amount we've spent and every time it gets talked about there's another million added on. Let's try and concentrate on what we're doing rather than worry about what other teams have done.

22 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Wind me up threads like this do. Firstly they've not spent nothing have they ? £3.5 million on a centre half in January for one. Secondly so what ! What the he'll does it matter what they've spent compared to us ? It's I relevent, congratulations to them , hope they enjoy it. Way to much emphasis on the amount we've spent and every time it gets talked about there's another million added on. Let's try and concentrate on what we're doing rather than worry about what other teams have done.

Well put. Money guarantees nothing. Leicester proved that against all the big fish in the Premiership last year.

Of course, in Readings case, part of their success could be argued as being built on off loading players that didn't fit or were perhaps one season wonders :whistle:

5 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Well put. Money guarantees nothing. Leicester proved that against all the big fish in the Premiership last year.

Of course, in Readings case, part of their success could be argued as being built on off loading players that didn't fit or were perhaps one season wonders :whistle:

Half a season wonders even

Consistency, teamwork, attitude, tactics, momentum all come above money spent on the success ladder.

I'd say out of the four play off teams, they're the least attractive to watch, but they've finished third and are now at Wembley, so congrats and good luck to them.

I'm surprised they beat Fulham but tactically Stam did an excellent job and the keeper pulled off two or three great saves over the two games.

They'll go in as favourites whoever they're up against, I'll even be supporting them if they're playing the Wendies.

Archived