Reading

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, angieram said:

All the best to Reading but on the evidence of those two matches alone I know who I would rather be watching every week. 

And their crowds confirm this - 22,000 for a play off semi-final? They're another Hull.

That's only 2k under their capacity.. weren't we like 4k under ours last year? 

Don't think we can be taking any sort of high ground really. 

13 hours ago, Belle vue ram said:

Reading?? Spent next to nothing and of to Wembley our owners wasted millions on bang average  players  and pretty much mid table finish , Derby way ??, 

Wasn't impressed with either Fulham or Reading from what I saw of the to semifinals. Having said that, they are streets ahead of dcfc, as confirmed by the league table. I hope one of the yorkshire clubs beat reading. Too much London / southern domination of the PL, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought they looked ordinary and had quite a few shaky moments in defence. If they go up I could see them beating our record, they never looked like scoring bar the penno.

No team will ever take that embarrassing record from us

16 hours ago, Belle vue ram said:

Reading?? Spent next to nothing and of to Wembley our owners wasted millions on bang average  players  and pretty much mid table finish , Derby way ??, 

You'd be the same person moaning if we had spent next to nothing on transfers last season 

2 hours ago, europia said:

Too much London / southern domination of the PL, in my opinion.

Hmm wonder what Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool or Everton think of that

3 hours ago, Hollybush said:

No team will ever take that embarrassing record from us

Hull went into the season with an disinterested owner, no manager, had just sold one of their best players and had seven fit first teamers.

They'd reached thirteen points after seven games and more than triple our points with a game to play. 

They were in an absolute state going up and they still blew that Derby team out of the water. It's never going.

I just hope whichever one of those flat cap wearing whippet loving teams they play that they beat them.

Personally I would prefer the pigs to get to Wembley so we don't have to hear all about Wagner and Klopp and then when they lose they will be able to take the " bottlers " label off us......

Could do with Reading staying down tbf - youngest going to Uni there in September - but if Sheff Wednesday beat Huddersfield to get to Wembley, I'm stumped because I would hate them to go up - so I dunno - just hope 'Udders do 'em tonight and go all the way. Except, the 'Udders fans I was sitting near in the pub when we played them at home were proper cockwombles - laughing about our 11 point season when they've not been in the prem since forever ago so...bloody Fulham, the only team I didn't mind..

Oh I don't care...Que sera sera and all that..

Any of Wednesday or Huddersfield to go up for me ,,, Fulham is my nearest ground for watching Derby away next season ,, reading about 30-45 minute run in the car so good away visit too ,, bugger Brighton went up but that's the way the cookie crumbles I'm afraid

20 hours ago, cannable said:

Hull went into the season with an disinterested owner, no manager, had just sold one of their best players and had seven fit first teamers.

They'd reached thirteen points after seven games and more than triple our points with a game to play. 

They were in an absolute state going up and they still blew that Derby team out of the water. It's never going.

Wish people would stop talking about it to be honest, it is nearly a decade a go and doesn't matter in the grand scale of things,

3 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Wish people would stop talking about it to be honest, it is nearly a decade a go and doesn't matter in the grand scale of things,

I'm with you ,,,, we went up with a barking mad manager ,, never invested properly and had a total crap season ,,,and some fans say they don't want us to go up until we ve built Barcelona in the championship first ,,, move on it's gone ,,, my mate (Chelsea fan) was really pleased they won the title the other night ,, as a bit of nostalga and a giggle I posted the table from when we last won the title ,,, without realising it I had by default sent the table of Chelsea being relegated too ,,,, he didn't give a **** about that table ,, its long gone 

5 hours ago, archied said:

I'm with you ,,,, we went up with a barking mad manager ,, never invested properly and had a total crap season ,,,and some fans say they don't want us to go up until we ve built Barcelona in the championship first ,,, move on it's gone ,,, my mate (Chelsea fan) was really pleased they won the title the other night ,, as a bit of nostalga and a giggle I posted the table from when we last won the title ,,, without realising it I had by default sent the table of Chelsea being relegated too ,,,, he didn't give a **** about that table ,, its long gone 

TBH I couldn't give a monkeys which team of foreign mercenaries win the Premier League nowadays, i work with a Chelsea fan too who's been trying to wind me up about them winning it, I keep telling him I'm about as interested as I would be if it was the Italian or Spanish league, but he doesn't get it.

The only time I look at what's happening there is to see where we'll be playing next season.

Archived