last piece of the jigsaw

TommyPowell

I believe we are about to place the last piece of the jigsaw with departure of Sam Rusg. Maybe now we will get somebody who puts Derby first when negotiating ground//shirt sponsership somebosdy who will show do diligence when getting the managers tranfsfer targets

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

I believe we are about to place the last piece of the jigsaw with departure of Sam Rusg. Maybe now we will get somebody who puts Derby first when negotiating ground//shirt sponsership somebosdy who will show do diligence when getting the managers tranfsfer targets

What evidence is there to suggest he didn't put Derby first when it came to shirt and ground sponsorship? 

1 hour ago, TommyPowel said:

Should be very careful what you are insinuating unless you have evidence on what you are saying.

One thing that cannot be held against Rush is the commercial side of the club, it has thrived since he came in.

With regards to due dilligence on the transfer targets I am not quite sure what you mean. As far as I am aware it is not a CEOs job to decide if a player is any good or not. And the impression Mel has given out is if a manager wants a player he gets him at any cost...maybe he is now regretting that attitude?

4 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

It's a Thursday night mate, put down the whisky, go out for a frisk walk and then come back when you've got something useful, rather than a topic which belongs in the Sam Rush thread anyway. 

Rush was never the sole negotiator for the ground and shirt sponsorship, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if it was all done by Mel as he has a lot of experience with that kind of work. And the transfer targets Mel has already admitted were as much the managers as they were SR's signings. I general idea I got from interviews is there was almost a transfer committee, rather than one person pulling the trigger

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

What evidence is there to suggest he didn't put Derby first when it came to shirt and ground sponsorship? 

well maybe by asking wheres Ipro today something that a few fabs were predicting from the off Just eat not the most appropiate 

3 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

well maybe by asking wheres Ipro today something that a few fabs were predicting from the off Just eat not the most appropiate 

Not much wrong with just eat unless you're a fat ******* , then it has some comedy value

There's no such thing as the 'Last piece of the Jigsaw' in footballing terms.

It's just a lazy cliche. Football, like most things, is continuous improvement if you get the decisions right.

I mean, if the jigsaw is complete, then what? What do you do with a finished Jigsaw?

7 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Where is ipro today? Well it was in the co-op near my boys' school, being sold, yesterday, so guess it is still there.

8 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Well firstly, I don't think the Ipro sponsorship actually did any damage or cost us anything. We've never had a stadium sponsorship deal previously so, to negotiate one with Ipro, regardless of the fact it ended early, was in the clubs interest rather than anyone elses.

Secondly, Just Eat may not be the most attractive logo or type of business you'd prefer to be associated with but would you rather have a betting company or pay day loans? I don't think so. Once again, it brought in much needed revenue so, unless you are suggesting he benefited personally then he was acting in the clubs best interests. Just get over the fact that it's a big red logo and isn't Rolls Royce or some other premium brand.

SR may, or may not - let's leave that to the lawyers, have done wrong in terms of transfer deals but is there really any suggestion that he acted I anyone else's interest regarding commercial deals. In fact, many would suggest, commercially, the club has been very well run. 

3 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

There's no such thing as the 'Last piece of the Jigsaw' in footballing terms.

It's just a lazy cliche. Football, like most things, is continuous improvement if you get the decisions right.

I mean, if the jigsaw is complete, then what? What do you do with a finished Jigsaw?

Football is indeed a jigsaw. A jigsaw that changes every year. Final piece last year would probably have been George thorne going into the play offs fit. 

This year it's probably martin and continuity being the missing pieces. Its going to always be different. Next year I'd say continuity with Rowett will be the key 

Archived