last piece of the jigsaw

TommyPowell

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

Football is indeed a jigsaw. A jigsaw that changes every year. Final piece last year would probably have been George thorne going into the play offs fit. 

This year it's probably martin and continuity being the missing pieces. Its going to always be different. Next year I'd say continuity with Rowett will be the key 

It's a jigsaw of a section of clear blue sky or the side of a gold ball. most of the time people have no idea really how to finish it but occasionally someone gets lucky and manages to piece it all together.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's a jigsaw of a section of clear blue sky or the side of a gold ball. most of the time people have no idea really how to finish it but occasionally someone gets lucky and manages to piece it all together.

Gary Rowett, Master of Jigsaws 

Has a nice ring to it right?

10 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

There's no such thing as the 'Last piece of the Jigsaw' in footballing terms.

It's just a lazy cliche. Football, like most things, is continuous improvement if you get the decisions right.

I mean, if the jigsaw is complete, then what? What do you do with a finished Jigsaw?

Correct every season is a jigsaw in its own right so therefore i believe that now GR has sole control of transfers that is the last piece for next year.And IMO it will be  great one

On 5/4/2017 at 16:06, TommyPowel said:

I believe we are about to place the last piece of the jigsaw with departure of Sam Rusg. Maybe now we will get somebody who puts Derby first when negotiating ground//shirt sponsership somebosdy who will show do diligence when getting the managers tranfsfer targets

More like jigsaw bought with a couple of missing pieces, it never gets finished. 

Archived