Darren Bent on Talksport

Carnero

33 minutes ago, cannable said:

I don't really get how much more 'different' he wants.

Nugent - hard working link-up man who will run the channels and press.

Martin - static link-up man who can hold the ball up and drop deep and create.

Vydra - ball to feet #10 who likes to turn and run at defences.

Weimann - pure hard work, pace and movement. Threat in behind. 

Bent - pure poacher. 

All we're missing is a traditional brute of a number #9. For one or two positions!

You forgot Blackman, pure ****

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, emjlc02 said:

You forgot Blackman, pure ****

Curious one is Blackman. Just about every player this season has said he's the best in training. 

He looks to me like he would benefit from a similar role as to the one Ince had under McClaren.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

Curious one is Blackman. Just about every player this season has said he's the best in training. 

He looks to me like he would benefit from a similar role as to the one Ince had under McClaren, but at another club.

FIFY. :D

Rowett said on of our main problems is that players don't work hard enough off the ball.......Bent takes away defenders and makes space for others. He isn't just a poacher.  And that isn't the only Rowett box that he ticks. Wealth of experience for another. Knows what it takes to get out of this division?  

I thought he would go too. But I can see why they have activated his years option.

Is it too much to ask for a player that scores goals and contributes to the rest of a performance? We're looking to better this seasons finish after all. 

I thought we were looking to freshen things up and improve the squad so this doesn't really make any sense to me. I'll leave my final judgement until the transfer window has shut in the summer though. 

Unbelievable how the hell has he got a new contract ? I really am shocked, lazy useless forever offside. I thought he would have been nailed on to leave this summer, I'm shocked and disgusted he's got another year. This club is run by a bunch of ****** and if Rowett was involved in this decision I include him in that bunch. Peed of beyond belief .....:angry::angry::angry:

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Unbelievable how the hell has he got a new contract ? I really am shocked, lazy useless forever offside. I thought he would have been nailed on to leave this summer, I'm shocked and disgusted he's got another year. This club is run by a bunch of ****** and if Rowett was involved in this decision I include him in that bunch. Peed of beyond belief .....:angry::angry::angry:

take it you NEVER watch Derby then.

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Was this post supposed to be in the wardrobe thread? :ph34r:

Sith Happens
13 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Come on dont beat about the bush, say what you really mean :)

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

take it you NEVER watch Derby then.

Probably more than you. Please don't tell me you think this is a good thing, the mind boggles 

Sith Happens
Just now, TexasRam said:

Probably more than you. Please don't tell me you think this is a good thing, the mind boggles 

It doesnt mean its a bad thing though.

I doubt bent will be first choice next season. I think if nugent was 100% fit he wouldnt be now.

He could still score some vital goals.

Just now, Paul71 said:

It doesnt mean its a bad thing though.

I doubt bent will be first choice next season. I think if nugent was 100% fit he wouldnt be now.

He could still score some vital goals.

He is taking the place of someone who could do a job for us not just warm the bench. I'm not in the know but am lead to believe his wages are astronomical, but besides that he gives us nothing absolutely nothing. I thought we were going to move forward, this shows to me we're going know where fast. So disappointed, I can't actually believe it to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

What's your stance on Chris Martin getting a new contract Texas?

Great all for it, when Martin got injured and Bent came in we failed. Bents been just about 1st choice this season in Martins absence and hey ho we've failed. So In short I love Martin and am delighted with his contract extension. 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

He is taking the place of someone who could do a job for us not just warm the bench. I'm not in the know but am lead to believe his wages are astronomical, but besides that he gives us nothing absolutely nothing. I thought we were going to move forward, this shows to me we're going know where fast. So disappointed, I can't actually believe it to be honest. 

As @rynny mentioned maybe have a look at what Owen Bradley said on 'I think' page 2. There may be something in he got his contract renewed because he triggered a clause in his contract, but no one is 100%

Just now, TuffLuff said:

As @rynny mentioned maybe have a look at what Owen Bradley said on 'I think' page 2. There may be something in he got his contract renewed because he triggered a clause in his contract, but no one is 100%

Maybe and hope so. But whoever is behind this contract and recent transfer dealings needs a come to Mel meeting and then a swift goodbye! 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Great all for it, when Martin got injured and Bent came in we failed. Bents been just about 1st choice this season in Martins absence and hey ho we've failed. So In short I love Martin and am delighted with his contract extension. 

Well bent is always offside you said as one of your arguments:

stastical fact. On average Martin is offside more than bent.

24 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Oh, how will we cope? An experienced pro, who has adequately filled the striker role when needed and scored 13 goals this season, including some pretty important ones, has signed on for one more year. I know what time it is:

IMG_0112.JPG.067bca8dbb21b3cd7b9a4240f54295c8.JPG

Archived