Darren Bent on Talksport

Carnero

8 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

We seriously need a new contracts writer at the club with some of the ridiculous deals we've struck the last few years

While it's not nice to hear Rowett's hands were tied, these sort of clauses are unstandable. "We don't know about your long term future here, but if over the course of your final year you demonstrate your value (with goals/appearances/clean sheets etc) then we're going to lock you down for another year". Totally makes sense 9/10 as to trigger a clause suggests they were in fact needed in the team and will continue to be needed next season. It's just a bit different in our case as we're trying to wipe the slate clean and start again. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its fine and it's good to hear Rowett address what appeared to be inconsistent with his comments about culling. l just hope we can move them on at a half decent fee before the season starts. #Freeupsquadspace 

Sith Happens
21 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

We seriously need a new contracts writer at the club with some of the ridiculous deals we've struck the last few years

I dont see why it was ridiculous, he had scored 12 in 17 on loan it was obvious we would try and tie him down. For a player his age its only natural he would be looking for some sort of commitment from the club towards him too.

Its an automatic activation so he has obviously done enough this season either appearances wise or goals to trigger it, had he contributed as much as last season then i am sure it wouldnt have been.

Had we not negotiated the contract he wanted he would probably have gone to someone who would, now of course i know some would say that would have been better and maybe in hindsight it might have, but you still cant dispute the contribution he made during his original loan period.

I cant say i think its a positive outcome for us for next season, i hope that he is just a bit player or moves on, but i fully understand why the deal was struck and think it quite reasonable.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Nigel Pearson's early season team selections and CM loan has caused this sequence of events

Yep probably right.

4 hours ago, philmycock said:

Nigel Pearson's early season team selections and CM loan has caused this sequence of events, hopefully some Chinese or American agents have already been on the blower to GR about taking DB

I said it after he was sacked. Every negative thing (even if you don't think this situation is particularly negative) to have happened this season, can be layed at the feet of the block-headed genius himself, Nigel Pearson. His f-ups haunt us long after he's gone.

I've not gone through all twenty pages but the dislike towards Bent I find absolutely staggering. His goal tally vs how **** we've been all season is excellent. I'm glad he's here next year as an option, in a team that creates chances he's a very valuable player, he works well with Ince and is exactly the type of bench player you want coming on/option when injuries hit. 

We'll need more than one system next year. Bent I've no doubt will be part of plan B, unless the squad shifts significantly. 

Sith Happens
24 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

So Rowett has confirmed it was the players' themselves activating their extensions...

so any argument about lack of ambition, poor decision-making etc has just gone straight out the window :lol:

Yeah but no but yeah but no.

Archived