Rashford-The real deal or overhyped?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, McLovin said:

Apparently Mbappe is only 7 goals off Thierry Henry's goalscoring record in champions league knockout ties. Crazy stuff.

How many goals did Henry score in the knock out ties? Need some context to it, if it 8 and 1 or is it more like 20 and 13?

Henry blossomed in Arsenal, before that he was just anaverage winger. Wenger moved him in to the middle and then those stats started to become awesome. Very poor comparison partner there.

Rashford has developed his overall game enourmously under Mourinho. Best English striker at the moment? Iif ain't, he is not far from being one and that's quite an achievement for 19 year old kid.

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

How many goals did Henry score in the knock out ties? Need some context to it, if it 8 and 1 or is it more like 20 and 13?

Not a clue mate, just saw one of those twitter statistics accounts post it up but they didn't post the exact numbers

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not a clue mate, just saw one of those twitter statistics accounts post it up but they didn't post the exact numbers

Fair enough, not sure whether to be impressed that he is close to Henry's amount or laugh at the pitiful amount Henry got :lol:

Don't think Rashford's potential is to become as good as one of the greatest players to play the game, so comparisons to Ronaldo are stupid.

However, he looks pretty handy to me and I do think he can challenge Kane for a starting place for England in a few years time.

Saw Mbappe the other day for the first time. Looks incredible and would say without question he can become world class in a shorter period of time than Rashford. Really impressive.

PistoldPete2

I think rashford is coming into some good form. He's only young so his poor form earlier this season is to be excused. He's a lively player who offers a different option to Kane and vardy. Definitely should be in the england squad. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rashford is good, very good obviously has good games and bad games but along with Kane (who I admit I thought was a total one season wonder-looks like I am wrong) should be our strike force for England going forward.

He will get better under Jose, because if you actually looked at the stats rather than believe what others post on here, Jose has played more of the kids than any of the other top teams again this season

On 01/05/2017 at 00:22, Bris Vegas said:

I like Rashford but potentially world class? I guess it depends on your definition of world class

This is the thing, if people say X player is World Class, many will say he's nowhere near the level of Messi and Ronaldo like it's somehow a closed group of 2 players.

You don't have to be as good as Messi to be World Class.

(not saying you have Bris)

For me World Class means they can be key players and perform right at the top, be it World Cup, European Championships, Champions League, not just club level.

I put more weight into the Champions League personally as it's not teams that are grouped by nationality, even World Class players can't carry teams on their own every game. 

Rashford is seriously over hyped in my opinion. He's mainly a head down and run type player. If he can learn to think when on the ball he might turn into a decent Daniel Sturridge type forward but he's got a long way to go yet.

If he was to ply for England it would be at the expense of Harry Kane or Deli Alli? Either that or you're playing him as a wing forward? 

On 01/05/2017 at 08:18, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Good player but doesn't have the technical ability to become a great he's just another speed merchant, like Walcott, sterling etc. Hel score goals just because his pace will get him into the right positions. Harry Kane is and always will be a far better player than Rashford.

Did you see him whip out an accurate rabona cross the other week or send Ottamendi packing against City? Think he's got plenty of skill, good finishing, decent height as well as a large helping of pace.

The problem is while Mourinho's at United, Rashford will never truly be the main striker.

All the successful strikers for Mourinho have been almost more strong enforcers than strikers. Diego Costa, prime Drogba and Ibrahimovic. They're all powerful, aggressive, hold up strikers willing to execute a Mourinho game plan. Rashford can work under Mourinho but he'll never be the main man.

I think he'd have the potential to be one of the top 5 strikers in the league if he was playing under Klopp at Liverpool though. He's got the pace for the pressing game, more than enough skill for a striker and his finishing is getting better, perfect for Klopp's main striker.

Doubt the United fan from Manchester who grew up dreaming of playing for them will fancy a move there though.

There's a chance he could still bulk up a bit, if I was him or his coach I'd be focusing on getting him better at playing with his back to goal. Absolutely key if he's ever going to transition to the main man at United.

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

The problem is while Mourinho's at United, Rashford will never truly be the main striker.

All the successful strikers for Mourinho have been almost more strong enforcers than strikers. Diego Costa, prime Drogba and Ibrahimovic. They're all powerful, aggressive, hold up strikers willing to execute a Mourinho game plan. Rashford can work under Mourinho but he'll never be the main man.

I think he'd have the potential to be one of the top 5 strikers in the league if he was playing under Klopp at Liverpool though. He's got the pace for the pressing game, more than enough skill for a striker and his finishing is getting better, perfect for Klopp's main striker.

Doubt the United fan from Manchester who grew up dreaming of playing for them will fancy a move there though.

There's a chance he could still bulk up a bit, if I was him or his coach I'd be focusing on getting him better at playing with his back to goal. Absolutely key if he's ever going to transition to the main man at United.

Good point, but at Inter Mourinho used Milito and Eto'o and at Porto Derlei and Carlos Alberto, so I wouldn't say he's averse to playing without a target man if the other options are good enough or suit how he wants to play.

Archived