Rashford-The real deal or overhyped?

Sexydadbod

I've heard a lot of English pundits come out in the past few days and say Rashford is the next big thing. Paul Scholes said he can get to the level of a Neymar or a Cristiano Ronaldo, whilst Gary Lineker said he is the best player young player he has seen in the long time. Is he really that good though? To me he seems like a new Defoe with lightening speed but I don't think he will ever become top,top. I know he is young but he has only scored 5 prem goals in 26 games this season for Man Utd.I think this is the English media once again hyping up English players, just like they did with Ross Barkley a few years ago before inevitablely knocking them down. I'm surprised particularly at Lineker's comments because there are much better youngsters out there like Ousman Dembele, Mbappe, Asensio and Pulisic. I think the main English player to look out for in the coming years is Tom Davies from Everton. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McLovin said:

Care to explain why?

Because he's very good striker and will have a very good career. Watch this space.

Not been overly impressed with him but will admit not to seeing a great deal of him. The goal I had to laugh at that everyone was creaming themselves over was the one against Man City. Demichelis was absolutely dire and got done by one step over and a bit of pace. I am sure when I was 17/18 I would have got the chance to shoot in that situation and could have ran him just ragged as Rashford did that day.

Just now, David said:

If his name was Marcino Rashfordinho playing for Barca and a 89 rated on Futhead he would be the real thing.

But as he's only scoring for Man United and English he's overhyped 

Think it's the opposite, it's because he is English and plays for Man Utd  all these pundits are coming out and saying that. Would they be coming out and saying that if he played for Stoke and was Costa Rican?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Think it's the opposite, it's because he is English and plays for Man Utd  all these pundits are coming out and saying that. Would they be coming out and saying that if he played for Stoke and was Costa Rican?

You think he is the real deal then? Slightly surprised given you're usually very anti English 

For a while I thought he was overrated, just scored a couple of good goals and everyone was going mental. However, watching him the other day versus Chelsea he looked an absolute class act, his all round game has come on leaps and bounds, and he seems to have a good footballing intelligence about him. Vitally he reads the game well, and I think he does now have the potential to be something special. 

Thats the thing though, it is only potential at this stage, there's been plenty of players who could have been something special but don't quite make it for whatever reason. You look at jack wilshere, Ross Barkley, Danny welbeck, none of them made the hype. It's very hard to tell exactly whether a player is going to make it at his age, but I think the next year of his devolpment will be massive.

Think it's unfair to put so much pressure on him, he's an exciting talent but IMO the media should focus on our players who have made it, your likes of Kane and alli who have been through what rashford have and come out the other side and proven themselves.

Just now, David said:

You think he is the real deal then? Slightly surprised given you're usually very anti English 

I think rashford will go on to have a decent career but will never become world class. I think he will have a solid career like a Jermain Defoe or a Joe Cole but will never quite make it to the top. I'm not anti-English at all, I support England before every tournament. I just don't think the hype is justified for some of the English players and it's more the English pundits who annoy me, not the England team itself, when they say before every tournament, "this will be the year our exciting team will win" and how they always disrespect the opposition teams before big games. It's been the same all my life and will continue to happen. I'll never forget the 2010 World Cup when before the Germany game the BBC 1 pundits like Alan hanson, lee dixon and Gary Lineker said that no Germany players would get into the England team. Same with the 2002 World Cup when they said the England team were more talented than a Brazilian team featuring the likes of Ronaldo,Ronaldinho, Gilberto Silva, Kaka, Rivaldo, Cafu and Roberto Carlos.Finally, I think Tom Davies is the one to look out for so it's not like I think all English players are talentless. 

@McLovin I'm yet to see anyone call him or to have the potential of being World Class, I've seen admiration for him which is understandable, no harm in being excited by a young English player coming through.

If they have called him World Class then I'd say it's far too early, in fact it's ridiculous, he's only started 19 league games, next season will be a big one for him.

Mourinho isn't one to develop players, never did anything with Lukaku chomping at the bit at Chelsea, will be desperate to put a real title challenge in, I think he will go out and buy proven players again. 

10 minutes ago, David said:

@McLovin I'm yet to see anyone call him or to have the potential of being World Class, I've seen admiration for him which is understandable, no harm in being excited by a young English player coming through.

If they have called him World Class then I'd say it's far too early, in fact it's ridiculous, he's only started 19 league games, next season will be a big one for him.

Mourinho isn't one to develop players, never did anything with Lukaku chomping at the bit at Chelsea, will be desperate to put a real title challenge in, I think he will go out and buy proven players again. 

Ray Wilkins called him world class but it's more to the potential I'm referring to. Scholes said he can be good as Neymar or Cristiano Ronaldo, on what basis? His main attribute is his pace but take that away and I struggle to see where he stands out. It's the comments from the likes of Gary Lineker that annoy me more because it strikes me as poor ignorance. The likes of Mbappe and Dembele have put in brilliant  performances in the champions league this season and asensio scored the final goal against Bayern but he still thinks Rashford is the most exciting player he has seen in a long time? He's entitled to his opinion but switch Mbappe's and Rashford's nationality and I'd 100% guarantee that he would be saying that Mbappe is better.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Ray Wilkins called him world class but it's more to the potential I'm referring to. Scholes said he can be good as Neymar or Cristiano Ronaldo, on what basis? His main attribute is his pace but take that away and I struggle to see where he stands out. It's the comments from the likes of Gary Lineker that annoy me more because it strikes me as poor ignorance. The likes of Mbappe and Dembele have put in brilliant  performances in the champions league this season and asensio scored the final goal against Bayern but he still thinks Rashford is the most exciting player he has seen in a long time? He's entitled to his opinion but switch Mbappe's and Rashford's nationality and I'd 100% guarantee that he would be saying that Mbappe is better.

Paul Scholes is a Man United fan. I've seen people on here say that Will Hughes and George Thorne can play for England.

Gary Lineker also spoke of Leicester winning the CL, a lot he says is with a very positive spin on English players and his previous clubs, some tongue in cheek as it gets bites.

Ray Wilkins has no hair.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Apparently Mbappe is only 7 goals off Thierry Henry's goalscoring record in champions league knockout ties. Crazy stuff.

That's a truly terrifying statistic. He's going to become some player that's for sure.

Archived