ins and outs?

JoeDerby

Funnily enough i'm not talking about belly buttons here...after listening to Rowetts interview last night, he mentioned he has a vision for the summer and has watched all of Derby's games over recent seasons, does this mean he already knows what players he wants to keep and get rid of?

Who do you think Gary has in his future plans?

ins - Carson, Keogh, Shackell, Ince, Russell, Bryson, Johnson, Martin, Vydra,

outs - Anya, Ollson, Pearce, Blackman, Hughes :(, Bent, Butterfield,

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What i think he's thinking....

In

carson, johnson, hughes, nugent, martin, thorne, lowe, forsyth

out

baird, christie, bent, blackman, camara, vydra, shackell, roos, bryson

dunno

olsson, pearce, russell, anya, mitchell, rawson, hanson, weimann, bennett, keogh, butterfield, ince

lots of unknowns. Tricky. he'll want more leaders and maybe players he has worked with before but ultimately we have been short of quality.

I think his comments about "refresh the mindset" mean a few old faves go.

I think he likes honest triers so the JRs and Brysons are in a good place, I think we'll sell Ince if a premium team comes in.

To be honest, as its a big change ahead its going to be a while into the window before we see how its shaping up.

27 minutes ago, toddy said:

Ins

Hughes Carson Fozzy Thorne Vydra Anya Keogh MARTIN.

Out

Everyone else who played in the Brentford /Huddersfield games.

FTFY.

Think we'll see some of the old boys go, plus one or two of the newer ones. 

Will stay: Carson, Keogh, fozzy, Johnson, thorne, Butterfield, ince, russell, Nugent and vydra. 

To leave: Baird, Christie, Pearce, olsson, shackell, roos, bryson, blackman, bent.

Maybe stay maybe go: weimann (out of out hands if the buy out clause is true), Hughes and martin if we get a high enough bid. Anya depending if we can upgrade on that wing. 

I'd have 

Defiately in: Carson, Forsyth, Martin, Ince, Johnson, Hughes, Vydra, Lowe, Nugent, Thorne, Mitchell, Elsnik, Mcallister

Definately out: Christie, Bryson, bent, Pearce, camara, Roos, Blackman, Olson 

Probably staying: Keogh, Baird, Butterfield, Hanson

Could go if a replacement is found: Russell, Anya, Shackell, Weimann

Thats pretty well where I stand

Was a very interesting and good interview, excited for a busy summer but also nervous as it'll be a very tough one! 

So as a guess to Rowetts ins and outs:

Outs

christie camara Blackman Hughes Weimann 

who id like to see out 

Bryson and Russell ( both well out of date,  poor seasons not good enough anymore) 

Keogh like the guy been great for us but we need a leader!

martin, think he will go to fund the changes as we will take a big loss!

other outs 

camara Blackman christie Olson 

Think Weimann will go but I'd like to see him given a chance under Rowett who likes pacey players! 

Ideal ins 

proper winger who will run at defenders beat a man and with a good cross!

a leader! Big CB and a big CM nasty players that will dig into other players that aren't trying! 

The first name that came to my head when he mentioned changing the mindset was Keogh. Taking ability out of the equation, he has captained us since Wembley and has led a side that has always fallen short. I genuinely think he'll get rid of Keogh and a couple of the 'old boys' and start a fresh. 

I have a feeling that over the next 3 or so windows, most of this team will be gone.

He's already mentioned how Ince is frustrated where he plays, so I think he'll be gone. He talks about the negative passing also and not moving the ball forward quick enough.

I think he'll keep Keogh because he's a good CB and can see and play a pass as he showed countless times against Hudders.

I reckon this time next season We'll have in our squad Keogh, Russell, Hughes, Johnson, Thorne, Fozzy, 

I think He'll go for a big Striker too and possibly play Martin behind him.

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Think we'll see some of the old boys go, plus one or two of the newer ones. 

Will stay: Carson, Keogh, fozzy, Johnson, thorne, Butterfield, ince, russell, Nugent and vydra. 

To leave: Baird, Christie, Pearce, olsson, shackell, roos, bryson, blackman, bent.

Maybe stay maybe go: weimann (out of out hands if the buy out clause is true), Hughes and martin if we get a high enough bid. Anya depending if we can upgrade on that wing. 

That was subtle... You said 'Will stay'. You're trying to get into his head aren't you, a plea from the ❤️ 

Obvious that we basically need somebody to want some of them!

for me if the offers were reasonable I would let go from the current first team squad 

Carson, Pearce, Olson, Butterfield, Hughes, Bryson,Ince camara, Blackman Bent wieman 

quite a few but centre midfield needs a major change 

14 hours ago, HAZ said:

The first name that came to my head when he mentioned changing the mindset was Keogh. Taking ability out of the equation, he has captained us since Wembley and has led a side that has always fallen short. I genuinely think he'll get rid of Keogh and a couple of the 'old boys' and start a fresh. 

This was my first thought, too. He also said he knew from day one what to do, which alludes to him seeing what a lot of outsiders (ie. us fans) see - a need for real leaders on the pitch. But then he also said that "you have an idea of a player and then that changes when you work with them". So maybe he's seeing the positive impact Keogh has around the players and club and changed his mind?

Keogh-bashers keep your fingers crossed it's not the latter!

All dross of course, only GR knows what he meant! :p

14 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Haven't we had this thread a few times before this season.It's all speculation,hearsay and personal views at this point.

I bet even GR has not made his mind up yet.

Just wait and see all will be revealed in the fullness of time.

Listening to Rowetts interview with radio Derby it sounded like he had made his mind up. In fact he says he knew pretty much what he need to do with the squad from the get go, he just wanted to make sure he gave everybody a chance to stake their claim. 

I heard from my friend at work that Keogh was leaving in January when Pearson was in charge. 

Pearson wanted Morrison at Birmingham to replace him. My friend at work is good friends with Morrison (who is currently out injured) GR made him captain and is a massive fan of Morrison so watch this space. 

Archived