ins and outs?

JoeDerby

I think it's fair to say we need a change. Every year I stand my ground with my mates who all support other (mainly PL) teams but every year I am left disappointed at the inconsistencies and way we fizzle out. 

We do have some very good players but good players don't necessarily make a good team and that's where we seem to regularly fall down. 

Who will go or stay? Haven't the foggiest. GR's comments are very decisive which I like. They don't come across as management BS. And I would assume he has Mel's support for that statement.  Will it still mean we end up with a league winning team? Time will tell but as someone who spends each season on a roller-coaster of emotion, I look forward to the summer with interest and anticipation. Only when we hear more detail of his plans will I celebrate or hold my hands in despair!

Ramble over :unsure:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a clue who will go and stay . No as simple as your in , your out ! Be nice if it was. 

The way Rowett seems to like to play is a high press using pace and power to hassle the opposition. All which we seem to lack in depth . 

Another thing Rowett seems to be keen on in as a small close knit squad. Another thing we don't seem to have. 

My opinion on players who seem to fit are : Carson, Keogh , Shackell, Lowe, Forsyth, Johnson, Bryson ,Hughes , Russell , Anya ,Vydra and Nugent 

The rest obviously I have a personal opinion on as I'm sure many of you do but not sure how they would fit into GR s plans. 

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Not a clue who will go and stay . No as simple as your in , your out ! Be nice if it was. 

The way Rowett seems to like to play is a high press using pace and power to hassle the opposition. All which we seem to lack in depth . 

Another thing Rowett seems to be keen on in as a small close knit squad. Another thing we don't seem to have. 

My opinion on players who seem to fit are : Carson, Keogh , Shackell, Lowe, Forsyth, Johnson, Bryson ,Hughes , Russell , Anya ,Vydra and Nugent 

The rest obviously I have a personal opinion on as I'm sure many of you do but not sure how they would fit into GR s plans. 

i am not convinced he likes to play this way, but it of course makes sense to play this way when we have a multitude of attacking midfielders and forwards who arent a classic CF, whilst at the same time have 0 defnesive minded midfielders. Bradley johnson is the closest we have, but he still likes to get forward to. We have needed an enforcer for seasons beyond seasons, and in this divison you need 1 or 2 in your team ,let alone your squad. De Saat and Mascerell whilst have some quality in certain areas are not the sort you need in this division. Thorne is always injured. Once this is addressed we will be better defensively and offensively.

Carson(Mitchell)

New(Christie) Keogh(Rawson) New(New) Forsyth(Lowe) 

Hughes(Butterfield, Johnson) Thorne(New)                                                         

Ince(Russell) Vydra(New) New(Anya)                            

Martin(Nugent)                                                                                                                                     

My starting 11 in bold and the back up underneath rest can go. Haven't included all the youth players but would like to see Guy, Elsnik, Bennett and possibly Zanzala breaking into the first team next season.

New players i'd like to see (Some probably unrealistic)

RB: Wisdom, possibly Callum Paterson if fit

CB: Unsure here possibly Hanley, Tarkowski would be great but maybe not realistic. Joost van Aken from Heerenveen is one player that has caught my eye.

DM: Maybe Leadbitter or Kieftenbeld

AM: Ollie Watkins could probably do well in this role but Jon Toral would be another decent option

LM: I'd like to see Sam Larsson or Jordan Ibe but don't think either are that realistic

3 hours ago, Davide said:

Would love to see Andre Wisdom back

hes done nothing since he left us. Wasnt that great, when we had him. Im amazed how highly some people still rate him.

Theres tons better options than him. having said that whoever plays right back wont define next season. The spine of the team will. ie how our central defense play, getting in an enforcer, and how our CF plays.

38 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

hes done nothing since he left us. Wasnt that great, when we had him. Im amazed how highly some people still rate him.

Theres tons better options than him. having said that whoever plays right back wont define next season. The spine of the team will. ie how our central defense play, getting in an enforcer, and how our CF plays.

He was great when he was with us. Solid. 

Obvious that we basically need somebody to want some of them!

for me if the offers were reasonable I would let go from the current first team squad 

Carson, Pearce, Olson, Butterfield, Hughes, Bryson,Ince camara, Blackman Bent wieman 

quite a few but centre midfield needs a major change 

Its difficult to know who we should be signing when its not clear what system we will be playing.

The simple answer is that we need better players. We need round pegs for round holes. We seem to have quite a few strange shaped pegs that we don't exactly know how to use.

The fans seem to have fallen out of love with this team and want change. After Reading 0-3 and Hull 0-3 when going for the play offs;  brighton and norwich 3-0 away, brentford 4-0 this season; does anyone still believe that this group have got what it takes? Its disappointing because they came so close but unfortunately  its now game over.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Its difficult to know who we should be signing when its not clear what system we will be playing.

The simple answer is that we need better players. We need round pegs for round holes. We seem to have quite a few strange shaped pegs that we don't exactly know how to use.

The fans seem to have fallen out of love with this team and want change. After Reading 0-3 and Hull 0-3 when going for the play offs;  brighton and norwich 3-0 away, brentford 4-0 this season; does anyone still believe that this group have got what it takes? Its disappointing because they came so close but unfortunately  its now game over.

excellent and valid points you make  ...:thumbsup:     can only reiterate four season  on the trot     Christmas period  top 5  ..  come jan/feb/march   failed   ..   to much of a coincidence for my liking 

Archived