feeling let down

B4ev6is

After friday my mind was final made who needs to go in the summer, I really wanted the lads to get us promation and to show nigel pearson up the idout who got rid of battlers in this club. But also spent all the money with clemment. Leaving very little for steve mac to play with I feel sorry for him. But now gary got a very tough job at sorting this whole mess out. But you the lads needs to lock your selfs in a dark room and ask your selfs if your fit to wear derby county colours as you showed friday you are not. So maybe it is time for some of you to step down and let youth players take over who are hungrey and will show fight and wear this shirt with pride.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

After friday my mind was final made who needs to go in the summer, I really wanted the lads to get us promation and to show nigel pearson up the idout who got rid of battlers in this club. But also spent all the money with clemment. Leaving very little for steve mac to play with I feel sorry for him. But now gary got a very tough job at sorting this whole mess out. But you the lads needs to lock your selfs in a dark room and ask your selfs if your fit to wear derby county colours as you showed friday you are not. So maybe it is time for some of you to step down and let youth players take over who are hungrey and will show fight and wear this shirt with pride.

I'm not sure the youth players are good enough though. It's ok having the fight and wanting to wear the shirt and earning your place in the team but to get out of this league you need some extrs skill and ability which I think our youth team may not have.

The Bristol City players refused to take their appearance money and the club refunded their travelling fans the ticket money after losing 5 - 0. That was after just one bad game, yet for Derby fans, it is all too regular. The players have turned not bothering to show up into an art form. How may long-distance away games has this happened at? Norwich, Newcastle, Brighton and now Brentford. There may be others, and its not just this season - how about trips to Middlesborough two or three seasons in a row, for example?

Come on Derby, its time to stop coming out with the same empty platitudes, without anything ever changing. At the moment it seems that you see us as a bunch of suckers who you can extract money from with very little in return. That has to stop. It's time to cough up and show that you appreciate and value the fans.

We were all upset until G Star Ram explained that it was our own fault for expecting anything other than a regular thrashing.

i'm getting my mind right for a 3-0 home defeat to hudders so that anything other than draw will feel like a win.

Which of course it will be?

anyways thats the championship mate.....apparently.

Life's full of ups and downs. Get used to it, sometimes we batter teams, sometimes we get battered, sometimes it's a 0-0 draw. 

Theres really more important things to worry about than getting beat by a good team with some very good players in it, one of which scored two goals and lots of people on here would gladly drive down there to pick him up to come play for us.

sometimes you just have a bad day at the office, Fulham had one of those at pride park a couple of weeks ago. Do they want to sack the whole team..........?

get a grip!

Feel your hurt B4 and many are thinking the same as you in having a mass clear out. However it's up to GR to decide who he wants to take this club forward. I do believe we finally have the correct man in charge but there will be more lows before we get what we all want. 

Be patient as the good times are just around the corner 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

We were all upset until G Star Ram explainerationalt it was our own fault for expecting anything other than a regular thrashing.

i'm getting my mind right for a 3-0 home defeat to hudders so that anything other than draw will feel like a win.

I am starting to blame me and my sense of entitlement.

How dare I moan after a thrashing at Brentford. Just wish I was more calm and rational, like some on here.

Reading are 4th in the league, but they lost 4-1 at Newcastle, 4-1 at Brentford, 5-0 at Fulham, 3-0 at Brighton, 3-0 at Preston and 7-1 at Norwich! Throw in a 4-0 at Man Utd in fa cup and you have a good set of beatings there - everyone gets panned at some point.

I'm far more concerned that we have picked up only 8 points in 7 games against the bottom 4.

50 minutes ago, Luke said:

Reading are 4th in the league, but they lost 4-1 at Newcastle, 4-1 at Brentford, 5-0 at Fulham, 3-0 at Brighton, 3-0 at Preston and 7-1 at Norwich! Throw in a 4-0 at Man Utd in fa cup and you have a good set of beatings there - everyone gets panned at some point.

I'm far more concerned that we have picked up only 8 points in 7 games against the bottom 4.

I didn't realise they'd been thrashed that much!!? 

Just now, Luke said:

That is an interesting and clear indictment of our season. We used to do very well against bottom sides and bemoan our results against the top teams.

Losing a double v Blackburn particularly rubbish.

9 hours ago, Luke said:

Interesting stats there mate regarding Reading. Wonder what their fans reactions were after that 7-1 beating!

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

We were all upset until G Star Ram explained that it was our own fault for expecting anything other than a regular thrashing.

Did I say it was our fault? Can you point me in the direction of that quote then I will apologise to all the fans.

It didn't go unnoticed that you failed to muster a response when I pointed out that all of the top 6 teams (excluding Newcastle) had been on the end of a result equally as bad or worse than ours on Friday.

No doubt you will be expecting us to be hammering 3rd placed Huddersfield probably based on something like attendances or wage bill and anything other than a victory will be labelled unacceptable and embarrassing for a club of our size, with such a great fanbase.

11 hours ago, wingfieldram said:

I am starting to blame me and my sense of entitlement.

How dare I moan after a thrashing at Brentford. Just wish I was more calm and rational, like some on here.

Moaning is fine. The result and performance were both poor.

Carrying on like it's the worst thing ever to happen to our club and saying it's embarrassing and we shouldn't be losing 'to teams like Brentford' in one breath,  and then saying we should be signing some of their players in the next breath, just comes across as silly to me.

Look at recruitment pure and simple. For 4/5 years we have needed a midfield enforcer, instead we bought butterfield (a lesser version of will Hughes). We've needed a left winger for the same period (jr not a winger, so we bought weiman a centre forward). Left back, right back....the list goes on. Tell me one player in the last 3/4 windows who's markedly improved our team in the right areas? 

21 minutes ago, Webram said:

Look at recruitment pure and simple. For 4/5 years we have needed a midfield enforcer, instead we bought butterfield (a lesser version of will Hughes). We've needed a left winger for the same period (jr not a winger, so we bought weiman a centre forward). Left back, right back....the list goes on. Tell me one player in the last 3/4 windows who's markedly improved our team in the right areas? 

In fairness, we bought Butterfield as a direct replacement for Hughes when he got injured.

Have we gambled too much on getting George Thorne in the team. Perhaps.

I would say Carson, Baird and Ince, are all improvements. Jury still out on Anya. You say we needed a left winger, we have bought Camara and Anya.

Bent, Johnson and Vydra could not really be improvements because they are players that come in positions that we never really had players playing previously.

Think back to Mac 1 and there was lots of talk about 'no plan b' yet now there is talk of buying players that don't fit the system that we play!

There is a reason that top coaches across all sorts of sports, and indeed businesses, state that attitude is more important than aptitude. We have players who are technically gifted - but do we have the heart, desire and determination to consistently get over the line?

We need to find that blend - a few Bucko's, Van Der Laan's or Stimac's (he had both!) will do us the world of good.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Did I say it was our fault? Can you point me in the direction of that quote then I will apologise to all the fans.

It didn't go unnoticed that you failed to muster a response when I pointed out that all of the top 6 teams (excluding Newcastle) had been on the end of a result equally as bad or worse than ours on Friday.

No doubt you will be expecting us to be hammering 3rd placed Huddersfield probably based on something like attendances or wage bill and anything other than a victory will be labelled unacceptable and embarrassing for a club of our size, with such a great fanbase.

Failed to muster a response lol.....

i don't expect us to hammer anyone based on spurious nonsense such as the facilities at Moor Farm etc. 

However i still maintain that if you have spent several years investing in players, and have ambitions to be promoted, then if  you prepare properly and apply yourselves properly, you don't lose 4-0 at Brentford (and fail to register a single shot on target).

Firstly we made a tactical balls up by reverting to our ineffective 433 with luxury wingers - the formation that has just cost one manager his job. Why would that be effective against brentfords 4231 wide men? Predictably we were poor, but 4-0 ? Just about every eye witness states that the attitude and application were wrong.

And thats why b4 is upset.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Predictably we were poor, but 4-0 ? Just about every eye witness states that the attitude and application were wrong.

And thats why b4 is upset.

He's not the only one. It's not that one game though, it's the cumulative effect of our ambition being unfulfilled in such a poor way.

Edit: I see Keogh was saying the players had to take some responsibility - it seems the players do take responsibility, last time it was Carson saying that (did Ince also come out with it?), they're taking their responsibility in turns!

Archived