feeling let down

B4ev6is

18 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

The Bristol City players refused to take their appearance money and the club refunded their travelling fans the ticket money after losing 5 - 0. That was after just one bad game, yet for Derby fans, it is all too regular. The players have turned not bothering to show up into an art form. How may long-distance away games has this happened at? Norwich, Newcastle, Brighton and now Brentford. There may be others, and its not just this season - how about trips to Middlesborough two or three seasons in a row, for example?

Come on Derby, its time to stop coming out with the same empty platitudes, without anything ever changing. At the moment it seems that you see us as a bunch of suckers who you can extract money from with very little in return. That has to stop. It's time to cough up and show that you appreciate and value the fans.

i wouldnt put the game at newcastle in there we played one of our best games at st james park lost to a deflected goal and we deserved a result

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, barnsley ram said:

i wouldnt put the game at newcastle in there we played one of our best games at st james park lost to a deflected goal and we deserved a result

Strangely enough, as in every game, we got one. Pity it wasn't the one we thought we deserved!

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's not the only one. It's not that one game though, it's the cumulative effect of our ambition being unfulfilled in such a poor way.

Edit: I see Keogh was saying the players had to take some responsibility - it seems the players do take responsibility, last time it was Carson saying that (did Ince also come out with it?), they're taking their responsibility in turns!

So, we just need them to take it altogether! ;)

How do we do that, get all 11 to come out for the interview? Or maybe put it into practice for a change?

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Failed to muster a response lol.....

i don't expect us to hammer anyone based on spurious nonsense such as the facilities at Moor Farm etc. 

However i still maintain that if you have spent several years investing in players, and have ambitions to be promoted, then if  you prepare properly and apply yourselves properly, you don't lose 4-0 at Brentford (and fail to register a single shot on target).

Firstly we made a tactical balls up by reverting to our ineffective 433 with luxury wingers - the formation that has just cost one manager his job. Why would that be effective against brentfords 4231 wide men? Predictably we were poor, but 4-0 ? Just about every eye witness states that the attitude and application were wrong.

And thats why b4 is upset.

Not that it's really relevant, I can't find anywhere that says we had no shots on target.

So back to my previous question, do the resultsI listed show that all teams fail to prepare properly and apply themselves during some matches, or does it prove that sometimes there are results which people would not predict?

To be honest, every time we lose a match there are people that state we are rubbish or not trying. Quite amazing that we are never just outplayed or beaten by a better team.

Agree with your point re 4-3-3 so find it quite strange that all of the anger is being aimed at the players.

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not that it's really relevant, I can't find anywhere that says we had no shots on target.

So back to my previous question, do the resultsI listed show that all teams fail to prepare properly and apply themselves during some matches, or does it prove that sometimes there are results which people would not predict?

To be honest, every time we lose a match there are people that state we are rubbish or not trying. Quite amazing that we are never just outplayed or beaten by a better team.

Agree with your point re 4-3-3 so find it quite strange that all of the anger is being aimed at the players.

Soccerway match stats state 0 shots on target

final point first. My main gripe has been that we didn't prepare properly. Tactically we were set up all wrong. The training needed to focus on intensity. Instead we pratted about playing golf? As i said before - use the match as a dress rehearsal for a play off match or any other game where we have to go out and get a win, maybe even against the odds.

Anger is the wrong word. More like disappointment that once again we failed to compete properly. Others who went are better placed to comment on whether the players put the required effort in. Plenty seem to think not; including steve nicholson. The highlights indicate - to me - that JR is going through the motions. Not really offering effective support to Olsson. 

Of course we will lose games, and Bentford are a decent team. But they are not world beaters. They are mid-table. 

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Soccerway match stats state 0 shots on target

final point first. My main gripe that been that we didn't prepare properly. Tactically we were set up all wrong. The training needed to focus on intensity. Instead we pratted about playing golf? As i said before - use the match as a dress rehearsal for a play off match or any other game where we have to go out and get a win, maybe even against the odds.

Anger is the wrong word. More like disappointment that once again we failed to compete properly. Others who went are better placed to comment on whether the players put the required effort in. Plenty seem to think not; including steve nicholson. The highlights indicate - to me - that JR is going through the motions. Not really offering effective support to Olsson. 

Of course we will lose games, and Bentford are a decent team. But they are not world beaters. They are mid-table. 

Still awaiting an answer on all of the other results I posted up.

Are Forest, QPR, Bristol City or Norwich world beaters? Without looking I think 3 of them 4 teams are below Brentford.

Fair point on the golf instead of training. I would guess that was the management's idea rather than the players, so once again who is this disappointment aimed at?

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Still awaiting an answer on all of the other results I posted up.

Are Forest, QPR, Bristol City or Norwich world beaters? Without looking I think 3 of them 4 teams are below Brentford.

What does that matter - do you think that Brentford wanted it more than us?

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

Rowett stated they played golf after training.

Yes but you need to get them them focussed. It didn't work.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What does that matter - do you think that Brentford wanted it more than us?

It matters because it shows from time to time teams down the bottom produce an unexpected result.

No, I don't think Brentford wanted it more than us. 

Sounds like heads went down after the second goal, as sometimes happens.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

No, I don't think Brentford wanted it more than us. 

Sounds like heads went down after the second goal, as sometimes happens.

Err sentence one and sentence two can't both be correct. We had something to prove they didn't and our heads went down, not for the first time.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Err sentence one and sentence two can't both be correct. We had something to prove they didn't and our heads went down, not for the first time.

Err yes they can. 

We lost 4-0. It's a poor result.

These results happen.

No big inquisition required.

At least we've got a new criticism to throw into the equation now...players playing golf in their spare time instead of sitting at home getting focused.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We lost 4-0. It's a poor result.

These results happen.

No big inquisition required.

You'd make a great manager.

NOT

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

Rowett stated they played golf after training.

Ah but what was the golf they played? Crazy golf surely the best. Pitch and putt I enjoy too but anything else is just 'a good walk spoilt' 

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You'd make a great manager.

NOT

Imagine they would prefer your management style of telling them to go home and focus after training...

Still no answer on the other results I highlighted?

See Reading are losing to Rotherham...wonder if they've been playing golf?

Archived