Brentford v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Come on Dyychee, utter brilliance from Jota. Torres did that to Vidic a few years back, does that make the latter a poor defender? Of course not. 

Credit where credit is due, they've got some good players and have put us to the sword. Should have been 6 or 7. Fair play Brentford, absolutely nothing to play for and produce a performance like that... hats off. 

I never said he was a poor defender.. 

He has had a shocker today though, and got mugged off completely by Jota.

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Liverpool league cup was 5-0 off the top of my head, but it's pretty bad...................

Was 3-0 Wasnt it? Dunno it was a game for plastic fans anyway. This game the real fans have been let down

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

inces late goal v brum was maybe papering over the cracks... The fact is our away performances have been rubbish all season , and Rowett can't change that overnight. 

Can't have it both ways though Pete, GR has to take some responsibility too. His team, his set up... he's obviously not going to get judged until next winter at least (hopefully) but what an absolute shower of ***** today has been. 

Rowett is no mug. This season was always a free pass. Almost like a scouting mission for Rowett more than anything. It's a good thing that he gets to see who our players really are. If we'd been brilliant, the risk would be to blame ALL the previous managers, and back the players we have. That isn't the case. 

The side that walks out in August will be very different from this one I believe. If it isn't, unfortunately Rowett isn't the man we hope, and the same results will come. I have faith in him though. Big clearout and new start. Attitude being the priority. 

As said previously, at least this result let's Rowett know what he's working with, and where he needs to improve.

Total *****, considering the circumstances leading up to the game, but now he's seen just where we are failing, and will know how to turn it around.

Any chance of an Italian lovely to cheer us up?

3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I never said he was a poor defender.. 

He has had a shocker today though, and got mugged off completely by Jota.

You've pretty much called him out all afternoon, just thought the last goal was unfair as it should be more pro-Jota than anti-Keogh. He's a class above. 

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Can't have it both ways though Pete, GR has to take some responsibility too. His team, his set up... he's obviously not going to get judged until next winter at least (hopefully) but what an absolute shower of ***** today has been. 

Um, well he brought players on and they only made it worse. I certainly wouldn't have brought bent on when we are losing the midfield battle. But it sounds to me like no-one turned up today and no amount of juggling with the squad would save us from a defeat. 

Archived