Vydra

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Right now I'm sober I can explain :lol:

I always felt Martin scored so many goals because he was our only striker who played every game and In a strong championship team like ours most decent players would score.

Look at bent now he's got more then Martin now hasn't he?  I felt Martin wasn't scoring consistently enough at times he went on 2 massive goal droughts. I genuinely think a tammy Abraham could hit 20 league goals a season in our team.

I guess you mainly mean last season? Because in Mac's 2 seasons Martin's longest draught was 6 games and scored over 20 in both (first player to achieve back to back 20 goal seasons since Bobby D)

So far Bent has 10 this season, 7 in the league and 3 in the cup, Martin scored 15 last season, all in the league. (So as far as scoring goals for promotion he has less than half of what Martin did last season :whistle:)

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

You're right, Vydra hasn't been given a chance in his 25 odd appearances for us,

Actually though we looked better when Nugent came on, it freed up Bent more and we looked a better team for it. Granted City were only going to defend (and counter attack) at this point in the game.

25 times? Try 17 and how many of games are off the bench for the max of 20-25mins!on the wing or up front on his own where hes not that type of striker he needs to be playing off someone so no i dont think hes had a fair chance and if you bringing anyone on up front is gonna free up room for bent!

How can you make a million excuses for Vydra but criticise anyone else especially Martin.

He's not played enough - he has

He needs to be playing up with someone else. - So? We don't play 2 up. Bent likes to hang off the last man but he's had to change his game a bit

He just needs chances - He's had them. 1v1's at Huddersfield and Wolves. Break away chances at Leeds and Wigan(?)

Why do these excuses not apply to Nick Blackman? Why did they not apply to Leon Best?

What was his best game for Derby? Genuine question. What are his 3 best performances in 12 full games? 

Nugent played better yesterday than Vydra has in months. 

He may come good. I just don't know why people think he deserves accommodating and how they can criticise others. 

If you rate Vydra then you can not criticise Chris Martin. 

"He scored goals in a better team".... maybe he was part of the reason the team was better??!

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

How can you make a million excuses for Vydra but criticise anyone else especially Martin.

He needs to be playing up with someone else. - So? We don't play 2 up. Bent likes to hang off the last man but he's had to change his game a bit

He just needs chances - He's had them. 1v1's at Huddersfield and Wolves. Break away chances at Leeds and Wigan(?)

Why do these excuses not apply to Nick Blackman? Why did they not apply to Leon Best?

What was his best game for Derby? Genuine question. What are his 3 best performances in 12 full games? 

He may come good. I just don't know why people think he deserves accommodating and how they can criticise others. 

"He scored goals in a better team".... maybe he was part of the reason the team was better??!

absolutely spot on....

i wanted vydra do well from the start and made my own excuses for him until it dawned on me that he just wasnt going to score goals for us or even give the impression he might....a bloody shame but thats reality.

i watched nugent for the first time yesterday,however and saw immediately how he contributed to the team play,right from the off......he was in the right place at the right time and you could see that he was building up for a goal himself before long

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

absolutely spot on....

i wanted vydra do well from the start and made my own excuses for him until it dawned on me that he just wasnt going to score goals for us or even give the impression he might....a bloody shame but thats reality.

i watched nugent for the first time yesterday,however and saw immediately how he contributed to the team play,right from the off......he was in the right place at the right time and you could see that he was building up for a goal himself before long

There's still chance for Vydra. But he has to prove himself. Why should someone lose their spot on the bench because Vydra was good for Watford in 2014. 

Fingers crossed he comes back like Bradley Johnson. 

But if he wants to be on the bench then make an impact when he's subbed on. If he wants to start then give Mac an excuse to change system to suit him.

Just show something. Anything. Then we can start again

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I dont slate martin, martins our best striker if you had martin and vydra it would suit vydra! Blackman should get a chance he didnt do too bad against leicester he held up the ball ok and tried to bring in the midfielders into the action!

46 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

I dont slate martin, martins our best striker if you had martin and vydra it would suit vydra! Blackman should get a chance he didnt do too bad against leicester he held up the ball ok and tried to bring in the midfielders into the action!

I know no one else did much when Blackman was on the pitch but I didn't see him win a header or make a tackle or make a run for a ball or control the ball to hold it up, well that's my memory anyway 

4 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

25 times? Try 17 and how many of games are off the bench for the max of 20-25mins!on the wing or up front on his own where hes not that type of striker he needs to be playing off someone so no i dont think hes had a fair chance and if you bringing anyone on up front is gonna free up room for bent!

23 actually, sorry I was wrong by 2. 12 starts, 11 sub appearances. One goal every 593 mins, or 6.5 games.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

23 actually, sorry I was wrong by 2. 12 starts, 11 sub appearances. One goal every 593 mins, or 6.5 games.

No it is 17 games 100% even check wikipedia so what martin went on a goal record last season off about the same but you wasnt slagging him off was you!

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I know no one else did much when Blackman was on the pitch but I didn't see him win a header or make a tackle or make a run for a ball or control the ball to hold it up, well that's my memory anyway 

Hes been out for months give the bloke a chance it can take loads off players 5/6 games before getting anywhere near up to scratch 

5 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

No it is 17 games 100% even check wikipedia so what martin went on a goal record last season off about the same but you wasnt slagging him off was you!

Not disagreeing with your general point, but in Martins defense he wwas contributing to the team with hold-up play and assists. Yet to really see Vydra do that.

26 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Your argument falls down substantially when you're using Wiki as your reference....

Anyway - https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/20 - Check out this link which is far more efficient than a website any individual can alter.

No I don't slag Martin off, his input to the team is far more all round and the goals are a significant bonus.

Chris Martin in the past five years has 64 Goals and 23 assists in 157 games. So one goal/assist every other game.

In the past five years Vydra has 44 goals and 11 assists in 130 games. Not too bad so lets concentrate on recent form:

In the past 2.5 years, Martin has 42 goals and 15 assists in 110 games. That's keeping us is 1 in 2 record showing consistency.

In the past 2.5 years Vydra has 21 goals and 8 assists in 96 games. That's not even 1 in 3.

I think 90% of DCFC fans also agree Martin does far more for the team (Defensively from set pieces I may well add as we're not covering ourselves in glory in this area) than stats will ever show you.

26 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Not disagreeing with your general point, but in Martins defense he wwas contributing to the team with hold-up play and assists. Yet to really see Vydra do that.

Yes ino mate but thats not vydras game thats why pearson brought him in is to score the goals play off the shoulder hes not big enough to do the martin role he needs to be playing off martin! Atleast bent has a bit of height and stength about him thats why he can adapt to that role 

Archived