Vydra

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Chris Martin- 5 good season, 8 crap ones, law of averages...

Interesting this one. CM is 28 years old so if he's had 5 good seasons and 8 crap seasons that would mean he made his debut at 15 years old. I didn't know that. Was that debut season deemed a good one or a crap one? Either way making your debut at 15 is impressive.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard!!! said:

Interesting this one. CM is 28 years old so if he's had 5 good seasons and 8 crap seasons that would mean he made his debut at 15 years old. I didn't know that. Was that debut season deemed a good one or a crap one? Either way making your debut at 15 is impressive.

May have got slightly confused in those numbers due to his loan spells, but he did makes his debut at 16 by the looks of it. Wasn't meant to be a serious post, just highlighting that that isn't a good way to measure a players success/ failure imo, it's much more situational. Martin would appear to have just had a few good seasons, but we know it's more than that, he's made better than he was in the past due to the style of play fitting him

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

May have got slightly confused in those numbers due to his loan spells, but he did makes his debut at 16 by the looks of it. Wasn't meant to be a serious post, just highlighting that that isn't a good way to measure a players success/ failure imo, it's much more situational. Martin would appear to have just had a few good seasons, but we know it's more than that, he's made better than he was in the past due to the style of play fitting him

Fair point when you explain it like that. Classic example is that Martin struggled when the Mental One (Pearson) didn't utilise him properly. Personally I'd like to see both Martin and Vydra in the same team. It might not work but we'll never know until we try it.

4 minutes ago, Steve How Hard!!! said:

Fair point when you explain it like that. Classic example is that Martin struggled when the Mental One (Pearson) didn't utilise him properly. Personally I'd like to see both Martin and Vydra in the same team. It might not work but we'll never know until we try it.

Agree 100%, Pearson was an idiot in how he used pretty much each and every one of our players, Martin being no exception. I think that Martin could be vydras Troy deeney, and having both of those on the pitch as goalscoring threats would increase the variety of our play no end. I fear bringing Martin back to play on his own again may make us too predictable, but In a new system with vydra, I think it could work well. Like you say, it's worth a try, it might just make the difference 

20 hours ago, rammieib said:

6 or 7 crap seasons and 2 good seasons. Law of averages .... he's crap!

Watford played him he scored with the exception of reading he wasnt actually getting a chance elsewhere. Check out the number of appearances he had for previous teams.

22 minutes ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

Pathetic of Mac leaving out 8 mil+ vydra for Bennett wot a shambles derby are like villa both shambles. Ah ho 

What's the cost of a player got to do with it?

he just hasn't shown anything to justify him being involved. I'm glad the man picking the team isn't swayed by the cost of a player as opposed to whether they contribute.

44 minutes ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

Pathetic of Mac leaving out 8 mil+ vydra for Bennett wot a shambles derby are like villa both shambles. Ah ho 

Players shouldn't be picked based on how much they cost, they should be picked based on how much they contribute to the team. If McClaren feels Bennett offers more than Vydra, then that's a damning indictment.

58 minutes ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

Derby are a shambles for leaving out a big signing and Villa are a shambles for playing big signings! Some people really do like it both ways eh.

15 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Players shouldn't be picked based on how much they cost, they should be picked based on how much they contribute to the team. If McClaren feels Bennett offers more than Vydra, then that's a damning indictment.

Very true,  Hughes wouldn't get picked using that logic.

52 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

What's the cost of a player got to do with it?

he just hasn't shown anything to justify him being involved. I'm glad the man picking the team isn't swayed by the cost of a player as opposed to whether they contribute.

You've not seen anything because he's not been given the chance 

Archived