Next New manager IN ?

Ibby

Who do you want to be Derby's next manager? (choices from odds list)  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Rowett, yawn boring football........no thanks 

And he will play exactly the same way if hired by us will he? Just because he didn't exactly play edge of your seat football at Birmingham, doesn't mean he would be a bad appointment. Do you remember the state Birmingham were in when he took over? Utterly terrible side, certainties for relegation. He managed to get them playing a way that turned them in to a top half side. Look at how they've fared since he went... he did a fantastic job at Birmingham. I'd look more at how he's able to transform a side rather than the style of football he played at one club.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

And he will play exactly the same way if hired by us will he? Just because he didn't exactly play edge of your seat football at Birmingham, doesn't mean he would be a bad appointment. Do you remember the state Birmingham were in when he took over? Utterly terrible side, certainties for relegation. He managed to get them playing a way that turned them in to a top half side. Look at how they've fared since he went... he did a fantastic job at Birmingham. I'd look more at how he's able to transform a side rather than the style of football he played at one club.

Yes I'm sure he will play the same style, most managers do. And from what I saw it was pretty boring. I'm amazed how much his stock has gone up since being sacked by Brum. Just makes this decision even more baffling to me! 

I never wanted pearson but im happy with rowett

i know we all want to see tippy tappy football but lets be fair we've not seen decent footy for a couple of seasons

id be happy being a bit more direct if we pick up points & go up. Plus at brum he was playing with the cards he was dealt 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Yes I'm sure he will play the same style, most managers do. And from what I saw it was pretty boring. I'm amazed how much his stock has gone up since being sacked by Brum. Just makes this decision even more baffling to me! 

Pearson tried to play differently at Derby than he did at Leicester. McClaren didn't have us playing the same way in both styles. You have to adapt to your players, that's what makes a good manager. If you take over a poor footballing side with a big guy up top, and you need to beat the drop then what do you do? Rowett would have a much better squad to work with, the important thing is to get the most out of them consistently which is something we haven't been able to do.

Archived