Next New manager IN ?

Ibby

Who do you want to be Derby's next manager? (choices from odds list)  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

I would give them two brothers a go at Lincoln after Rowett gets the sack. They know how to motivate and get the best out of players n study the game. 

They will be league 2 next season. 

I think there is a bit of a difference between motivating and getting the best out of national league players and highly (over) paid championship players. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't say what I expected.

No you just keep asking questions, taking exception to my answers whilst offering absolutely nothing to the discussion. In my opinion Rowett is as good an appointment as we can make right now. In my opinion finishing in the top six is an entirely reasonable target and one I think Rowett will achieve.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

No you just keep asking questions, taking exception to my answers whilst offering absolutely nothing to the discussion. In my opinion Rowett is as good an appointment as we can make right now. In my opinion finishing in the top six is an entirely reasonable target and one I think Rowett will achieve.

There are statements and questions in there. I haven't particularly taken exception to anything, just wondering where the current positivity comes from. We've (Mel) appointed our 5th manager in the blink of an eye. Seems fair enough to ask why this one and say hang on the others were the one!

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There are statements and questions in there. I haven't particularly taken exception to anything, just wondering where the current positivity comes from. We've (Mel) appointed our 5th manager in the blink of an eye. Seems fair enough to ask why this one and say hang on the others were the one!

Fair enough, apologies for taking things the wrong way. in my view the problem hasn't been Mel sacking people for under performance it has been that he has appointed the wrong people in the first place. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I believe Rowett is the right appointment at the right time for us which is why I am more positive.

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I believe Rowett is the right appointment at the right time for us which is why I am more positive.

I agree. But for me I'm not sure Mel has realised that he's to blame for the previous appointments being wrong not necessarily the managers themselves. On one of the threads a post details where we were at when Clough was sacked. Or even where we were when Clough was appointed, for me the water under the bridge since has mostly been p*ssed by Mel!

Come on Gary if you do well then there'll be lots of Prem clubs looking at you! ;) #COYR

Archived