Next New manager IN ?

Ibby

Who do you want to be Derby's next manager? (choices from odds list)  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ooh maybe we can get Shotton back?

I'd rather have Albentosa back. He might even bring Messi with him - he's still in his back pocket after this afternoon's game.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Rample said:

Any could deliver success next season, and so could Mac have done potentially. It doesn't matter about how they exited their last role, just how they make the players feel come July/August.

Rowett is a bad fit for our style but may do a bit of stabilising and bridge building.

Neil worked wonders in a short space of time at Norwich.

Pardew has had good spells at most teams but of course it always goes off the boil.

Job is too big for Warburton.

Next in the odds

Ranieri, Hodgson, Sherwood, Heckingbotton, Pearson (Yes, Nigel!), Cowley (Had to google him), Phelan, Monk, Giggs and Gerrard.

Can i ask,

whys the job too big for warburton?

hes more qualified for it as a manager in terms of cv than Clement ever was.

tbf i bet more than a few united fans said exactly that about fergie when he arrived from aberdeen 

If you're Rowett as a supposed Derby man and former player, why would you come here? Look at what has happened this season alone to all the people with strong Derby histories:

• Idiakez - One of our best players of the last 10 years - Sacked
  • Powell - A Derby legend and thoroughly nice guy - Sacked
  • McClaren - No matter what you think of him, he wanted Derby to succeed - Sacked

The way things are going, we'll be getting to the point where we'll have to call on Eddie Lewis and Stern John for half-time on-pitch interviews because Mel's alienated everybody else with a connection to the club. 

29 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

"MirrorSport understands Abdoul Camara , Matej Vydra , Jason Shackell and Nick Blackman now face likely summer exits. Even former golden boy Will Hughes, who has disappointed this term despite being given a new deal, might be sacrificed."

Wow, MirrorSport know the new managers plans before he's even been announced!

8 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

That is the point, no decent coach will want to come here with our squad of snakes and trigger happy owner.

I genuinely think youll be surprised

iv said on another thread

in footballing circles despite all the upheaval derby county are still very much one helluva catch 

who doesnt want to be the manager that can awake this sleeping giant of a club

an unrivalled fan base, fantastic stadium and cat 1 academy

theres a lot of egos in football and theyll be plenty that will fancy their chances at unlocking this clubs full potential mark my words 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

I genuinely think youll be surprised

iv said on another thread

in footballing circles despite all the upheaval derby county are still very much one helluva catch 

who doesnt want to be the manager that can awake this sleeping giant of a club

an unrivalled fan base, fantastic stadium and cat 1 academy

theres a lot of egos in football and theyll be plenty that will fancy their chances at unlocking this clubs full potential mark my words 

Fair enough but the current squad is the pits and I would spend the transfer budget on ripping up contract and subsiding clubs to loan out to worst offenders.

6 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Fair enough but the current squad is the pits and I would spend the transfer budget on ripping up contract and subsiding clubs to loan out to worst offenders.

Couldnt agree more

its a massive job

more so than when smith took charge and looked to ship out the underachieving then

back then though we had young underachieving failures like kitson, pembridge, short etc etc worrying thing is now a lot of what weve signed are the wrong end of their twentys and some further than that so there wont be a queue of suitors to take them and their big contracts off us 

Archived