Can we sack Mel Morris?

Posh Ram

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any DCFC fan on this forum care to pump millions into this club ? 

If so get back ... 

If not ...... 

Go away and take your moaning elsewhere re Mel ... 

Itz easy to post  a moan on the net ... 

Not so easy pumping your own millions into the club you love. :)

1 minute ago, GerryDaly said:

He's the guy pumping his hard earned money into my club .... 

WHO ARE YOU ??? 

Ha, ha! We were doing just fine before he started pumping.

Suck up to him all you want, he's making a pigs ear of it.

I'M THE FAN WHO'S HAD A SEASON TICKET FOR 32 YEARS! lol :D

WHO ARE YOU? Cyber fan no doubt x

6 minutes ago, Davide said:

I think the manager merry go round reflects badly on Morris- it has been his decision to hire Clement and McClaren twice and he has made three sackings. 

I don't think the McClaren sacking is fair and I think the players will get off lightly. Morris has done a lot for this club though. The investment into the academy has been massive and playing staff as well. Obviously a lot of signings haven't been working out well but he has at least backed managers and recruitment to sign players and spend money. Season tickets remain decently priced and Morris has offered lots of incentives for cheaper tickets / travel / looking after fans etc on various matches. 

its not as if Morris is destroying the club. The recruitment of staff- players and non players has just not been good enough so far and it has resulted in trigger happy reactions. 

All fair points I suppose. He's done a lot to appease the fans. Just can't see us getting promoted under an owner who deems anything less than 'promotion form' a sackable offence.

For me, he's got the most important decisions wrong (i.e. when to stick or twist) - and long-term I'm confident that approach will lead to DCFC's decline.  

Are Mel & Fawaz having some strange, f***ed up game of one upmanship, to see who can embarrass their clubs fans the best before they're run out of town??? 

If Rowett comes in, can we please go back to finding unpolished gems from the lower leagues??? We've been charging jet-propelled, down a KY jelly laced slippery slope ever since we started splurging millions on over priced mediocrity.  Screw having a recruitment team, have the manager responsible for ins & outs, so if the teams crap, he excepts all the blame...

16 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Agree the use of alleged/allegedly is overused but given it means to claim something unproven as true, especially with reference to illicit or illegal behaviour, the use of the word prevents the user from potential prosecution. I prefer "rumoured" anyway. 

Careful.

"Allegedly" is not an innoculation against defamation.

2 minutes ago, Hadabelly said:

Fans who've paid a few hundred to watch their team are entitled to be upset, but he man who's paid millions to watch his team isn't?

That's all right then. As long as they've got money let them do what they want to Gerry's club. Carry on.

5 minutes ago, philmycock said:

N00b

1 minute ago, Hadabelly said:

Fans who've paid a few hundred to watch their team are entitled to be upset, but he man who's paid millions to watch his team isn't?

Didn't know He man was one of the bakers !! Probably explains it all !! Just like a comic book !!!

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I've seen more of DCFC winning things than you will in your dreams sunshine ... 

Your ST is cool ... 

But it won't get us into the Prem .. lol lol :p

I'm going to start handing out Prozac, or whatever the modern equivalent is before long. Professional Football is a results business and the owner has decided SM has lost the ability to produce both positive results and performances. He's obviously addressing coaching and recruitment as Powell and Evans have also gone. I'm in the minority but I am excited about the future for Derby. COYR.

Just now, Boycie said:

Bet Mel wishes he hadn't subsidised the coach and tickets sales for all these moaners now.

He didn't subsidise my hotel.

8 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Any DCFC fan on this forum care to pump millions into this club ? 

If so get back ... 

If not ...... 

Go away and take your moaning elsewhere re Mel ... 

Itz easy to post  a moan on the net ... 

Not so easy pumping your own millions into the club you love. :)

To be a sucessful club you need a clear plan and strategy not just money, the past three mangers he has hired and fire all had different philosphies and so the squad is a mess, he has also given the players FAR too much power with his decision making, I support him in the Clement and Pearson sagas but not here.

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

I thought it was your room service bill he refused to pay.?

I didn't have a drink at the hotel. We went to the Wetherspoons at Brighton Marina, where they had about a dozen decent Belgian beers. He can always subsidise that.

Your ST is cool ... 

Phew, at least I'm having a ding-dong with a proper fan!

I can't just back MM's every decision just because he's a zillionaire. He's not pulling up any tress is he, sunshine? :p

Your ST is cool ... 

At least mid 30's and still using LOL and emoji's.

Tragic.

Archived